This Board Needs Tunes - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

Read Peter Hooks book about New Order when on holiday recently as it was the first thing I came across in Waterstones that even remotely interested me. I've always liked the tunes I've heard but they were a bit before my time and I never really invested much time in them which is weird given my love of house and techno etc. Anyway, cannot stop listening to Technique, it is a f u cking masterpiece.

13 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

These are for G-Man

And stumbled on this and thought it was quite good

Prefab Sprout are  brilliant, great song. 

Beautiful version of this song, Alison Krauss has a lovely voice. 💖💖

When the zombies eventually appear just play those hooligans and I’ll come and get you. 😄

I love the old fella in the bunnet singing along too. 

15 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I've recently discovered this band. Think they are playing in Glasgow soon.

Aye, Audio same night as Opeth unfortunately.   Audio is a dive, but could be good with a few folk in.

More than a nod there to Fields of the Nephilim.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:12 AM, Mox said:

Read Peter Hooks book about New Order when on holiday recently as it was the first thing I came across in Waterstones that even remotely interested me. I've always liked the tunes I've heard but they were a bit before my time and I never really invested much time in them which is weird given my love of house and techno etc. Anyway, cannot stop listening to Technique, it is a f u cking masterpiece.

My favourite album of all time

On 28/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, Grim Jim said:

Brilliant!   What kind of booty are you actually looking for on the net tonight though?

I wasn't googling "booty" but it did appear on youtube after some other song I'd been playing.:lol:

I've just discovered today from a colleague that they have loads of different songs they do. 

Worth checking out - Postmodern Jukebox. Some other good songs.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=postmodern+jukebox