This Board Needs Tunes - Page 601 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

4 hours ago, silverbear said:

Sorry SB, but I'm no happy with that.   Possibly 'cause I am such a fan o' the film that I don't like it being tampered with.   I doubt I'll discourage you though 🤪

Shiiit, it all comes back now.

That was on the 1st album I had.   Folks bought me The Golden Hour of Status Quo for Xmas, but they must have sensed my (barely disguised) disappointment in their glitter lame jaiket's sound, pre denim...

Pop moved quickly then.   Dad promptly went out and got me 'Quo' on cassette in the January sales.   Yay!   Spoilt wee brat me, I know.

Meanwhile I was into my wee sister's 7" stuff 😇   Jeepster, Paper Plane, then Wig Wam Bam ffs 😄

That's before she got the hots for David Cassidy of course.   @TDYER63's mum was probably into him too ☺️

On 5/4/2022 at 11:37 PM, Grim Jim said:

Shiiit, it all comes back now.

That was on the 1st album I had.   Folks bought me The Golden Hour of Status Quo for Xmas, but they must have sensed my (barely disguised) disappointment in their glitter lame jaiket's sound, pre denim...

Pop moved quickly then.   Dad promptly went out and got me 'Quo' on cassette in the January sales.   Yay!   Spoilt wee brat me, I know.

Meanwhile I was into my wee sister's 7" stuff 😇   Jeepster, Paper Plane, then Wig Wam Bam ffs 😄

That's before she got the hots for David Cassidy of course.   @TDYER63's mum was probably into him too ☺️

😂 TDYER’s ‘mum’ was more a Donny Osmond fan as you will have noticed from my impeccable taste in music. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 TDYER’s ‘mum’ was more a Donny Osmond fan as you will have noticed from my impeccable taste in music. 

Good grief!   If I have any misogynistic traces in my character, it's down to my sister's musical tastes going downhill when her hormones kicked in.  Mind you, there's folks on here without a good word say about my taste, and I wear that as a badge of honour 🙉