This Board Needs Tunes - Page 596 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

3 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Cheers mate! Some folk get a bit impatient and want to change the theme too quickly. I've just had Covid catch up with me and also an eye cataract in the last few weeks so been in the wars a bit🎻🎻🤕😭. There's still some life in acceleration/fast yet.....!

Glad to see you're back on the turntable, even if we have to suffer the consequences 😋

2 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

eh? You don't like 10538 Overture before Roy Wood left??🤨

No accounting for taste eh? 😂   Sorry, I've never been a fan.   The one I posted was in the closing titles to yon film (forgot what it was called now), but remember it catching my attention.

Been listening to vinyl today; first in a long while.   Can't remember if I told the harrowing tale of a glass fronted picture falling off the wall and bombing down into my turntable arm and stoating over my new JSBX LP?

Records didnae sound quite right after that.   After so many years limited service while listening to cassettes, CDs and downloads, I'd baulked at the ridiculous price of a repair job, but with my pension safe in $cotcoins, I thought "what the hell".

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.og7CtE7xUw3Zs3koIBCzVwHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1 (Stock image - not my carpet.)

Scoured the new fangled internet for minutes, and I might just have bagged the last stylus replacement on the planet.   I say stylus, but it's a moving coil.   The old coils were detatched and stuck to the magnets in the cartridge head, and hence my now lightweight wallet.

Audiophiles out there will note that the above is an AT30 which was a bit bright.   Many moons ago I switched to a duller AT31 and that was the crunched one.   However, as is famously known, old duffers cannae hear high notes, so I tracked down the original to give my auld lugs a pre-amp.

Feck me, I forgot how annoying dust and scratches were 😬

Oanyhoo, here's a tune before Hi-Fi

45 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I think you're stalking Kim Deal now!   My missus isn't happy with my Natalie Merchant shrine.

but but it was a 2 pointer if you call an ampere a rate, and pacer vid with speeding cars and all!