This Board Needs Tunes - Page 556 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

I love the back story to this song.  In the seventies Italian singer Adriano Celentano was pissed that it seemed Italian kids would buy any record sung in English regardless of the quality of the song and they'd get to the top of the charts.  To prove his point he wrote and released "Prisencolinensinainciusol" which was in the style of a lot of American music released in Italy.  It sounds like it's being sung in English but is in fact complete gibberish.  It got to number one!  And it's a banger!!  And the performance is pretty groovy too!!

Edited by Fairbairn

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I love the back story to this song.  In the seventies Italian singer Adriano Celentano was pissed that it seemed Italian kids would buy any record sung in English regardless of the quality of the song and they'd get to the top of the charts.  To prove his point he wrote and released "Prisencolinensinainciusol" which was in the style of a lot of American music released in Italy.  It sounds like it's being sung in English but is in fact complete gibberish.  It got to number one!  And it's a banger!!  And the performance is pretty groovy too!!

😄 Brilliant !

3 hours ago, exile said:

Featuring Mr & Mrs Loaf's son the late Marvin Lee Aday and Cherilyn Sarkisian.

So that's her name!   And Armenian.   Suddenly clear why she looks like Serj Tankian 🤣   Unfortunately his real name, so I cannot post a tune.

1913252586_CherilynSartankian.jpg.a6ece502ea38ab67308bcd16db5207ef.jpg

Cherilyn Sartankian

Might just be me thinking this....