This Board Needs Tunes - Page 429 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

12 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I should have got that. I was in the original single version video. Filmed at the Reading Festival 1989 straight after a fantastic Highlands & Islands tour. Happy Daze. 

I stopped going to Reading about '83. I think it changed after then. I went a lot in the 70s as I was living down south & also had a mate who lived in Reading. I think this was my favourite - '75?

Friday line-up: Stella, Judas Priest, Wally, Kokomo, UFO, Dr Feelgood, Hawkwind.

Saturday line-up: Zzebra, SNAFU, Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias, Kursaal Flyers, Thin Lizzy, Alan Stivell, Heavy Metal Kids , Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Supertramp, Yes.

Sunday line-up: Joan Armatrading, Babe Ruth, String Driven Thing, Climax Blues Band, Caravan, Soft Machine, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Robin Trower, Wishbone Ash.

John Peel - DJ

https://vintagerock.wordpress.com/category/alberto-y-lost-trios-paranoias/

2 hours ago, silverbear said:

I stopped going to Reading about '83. I think it changed after then. I went a lot in the 70s as I was living down south & also had a mate who lived in Reading. I think this was my favourite - '75?

Friday line-up: Stella, Judas Priest, Wally, Kokomo, UFO, Dr Feelgood, Hawkwind.

Saturday line-up: Zzebra, SNAFU, Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias, Kursaal Flyers, Thin Lizzy, Alan Stivell, Heavy Metal Kids , Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Supertramp, Yes.

Sunday line-up: Joan Armatrading, Babe Ruth, String Driven Thing, Climax Blues Band, Caravan, Soft Machine, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Robin Trower, Wishbone Ash.

John Peel - DJ

https://vintagerock.wordpress.com/category/alberto-y-lost-trios-paranoias/

I think 89 would've been around the last year I went. I'm sure I went to Glastonbury last in 92. I remember a nice truckers style cafe near the Reading site that sold a nice veg curry, rice & a mug of tea. It was on the way to town centre near a wine warehouse. 

As an alternative to 'thematics' themes, the theme could be a particular festival or venue, and the task is to find stuff worth sharing from those particular festivals? There must be a decent handful that could cover a wide enough range of tastes? For example starting with Reading?

Edited by exile

Just now, exile said:

As an alternative to 'thematics' themes, the theme could be a particular festival or venue, and the task is to find stuff worth sharing from those particular festivals? There must be a decent handful that could cover a wide enough range of tastes? For example starting with Reading?

On 6/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, exile said:

Probably worth having a bit of a quiet theme while we got some games to watch....🥴