This Board Needs Tunes - Page 383 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

11 hours ago, exile said:

A bit of personal, boring trivia......This caught my attention because of the band name. I lived in Tunisia when I was a kid and about 5 miles from the town of Sidi Bou Said (pronounced Sayid). A quick google reveals they got their name from the aforementioned town in Tunisia.

Never heard of the band but it's no a bad song.

2 hours ago, fringo said:

A bit of personal, boring trivia......This caught my attention because of the band name. I lived in Tunisia when I was a kid and about 5 miles from the town of Sidi Bou Said (pronounced Sayid). A quick google reveals they got their name from the aforementioned town in Tunisia.

Never heard of the band but it's no a bad song.

Yes, it's near Carthage. Not boring trivia but one of the more interesting non musical posts!

I took a bit of liberty with the meaning :lol:.

4 hours ago, exile said:

Yes, it's near Carthage. Not boring trivia but one of the more interesting non musical posts!

I took a bit of liberty with the meaning :lol:.

It was so long ago I couldn't remember exactly how close it was to where I lived (La Marsa) so I just googled it and it's only about a mile. As you say close to Carthage too.

47 minutes ago, fringo said:

It was so long ago I couldn't remember exactly how close it was to where I lived (La Marsa) so I just googled it and it's only about a mile. As you say close to Carthage too.

How about the next theme (when this one s done) is African or North African/Arabic ?

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm poised ready with the only song I can think of. 😆

Shall we go for it ?

New theme - African or North African/Arabic ?

Go for it !

Edited by fringo