This Board Needs Tunes - Page 355 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

21 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Were you at their Leadmill gig three or four years back? Enjoyed it. Saw them at V in 2000, I think, as well.

I'm here so infrequently now, I've no idea if we're still meant to be following a theme - and can't figure it out from this page. Stuck in Japan for more than a year now. Had tickets to see the only band from back in the day who I'd never seen but was willing to get off my arse and put that right - due to play Osaka and were an early Covid cancellation; so I guess it's just not meant to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSfjC3ovZNk

Last gig I saw out here - bit of a change from the Leopard ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vtb2JLQJUE

Hope you're doing well, silverbear - all the best to your good lady. :ok:

Edit: I've evidently forgotten how to embed these things; ah well ...

Bloody 'ell, nah then Tim - as they say dahn 'ere.

Good to see you back & yes we're both fine thanks. How have I missed that Wilko track?

Last time I saw Wilko Johnson with Norman Watt Roy was at the Greystones, a couple of streets away. I bumped into the promoter in the bar who I knew & invited me backstage. I said No at first but when i went in it was packed solid so I took him up on his offer, but the sound was terrible & he broke a guitar string twice & had to borrow somebody from the audience's glasses to see. Not very rock'n roll.  😙  

The Leopard that Donny's referring to is a classic old pub that's hosted some terrific bands over the years right next to the train station. Worth a visit.

Anyway, talking of Bears & Blood..

Les Claypool - bass & vocals - Sean Lennon - guitar & vocals

João Nogueira - keyboards - Paulo Baldi, drums

Edited by Heuch Moray
Text