This Board Needs Tunes - Page 310 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

On 1/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, fringo said:

I've not been on as much in last few days. What's the current theme ?

I think it was/is upbeat, celebration, have a good greet with pride, but to tell the truth I wasn't in the mood masel' (grumpy auld git II right here).

This is off The Pilgrim: A Celebration Of Kris Kristofferson , a covers album which I love as Kris cannae hold a note, but was a great writer.   He gives it a gravelly intro though...

16 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

For @Tiny Tim ?

It wasn’t a particularly great theme to be honest. I’d been asked to suggest a piece of music for a football video.

Imagine you worked for Sky or whoever and they’d put together a video of a team (Scotland) scoring goals, some great tackles, full stretch saves, collecting trophies. What music would you put to it?

The video was for my friend’s son’s team to send round to the other parents because they couldn’t get together for award presentations.

Anyway, back to the letter A :-))

On 1/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, Tiny Tim said:

It wasn’t a particularly great theme to be honest. I’d been asked to suggest a piece of music for a football video.

Imagine you worked for Sky or whoever and they’d put together a video of a team (Scotland) scoring goals, some great tackles, full stretch saves, collecting trophies. What music would you put to it?

The video was for my friend’s son’s team to send round to the other parents because they couldn’t get together for award presentations.

Anyway, back to the letter A :-))

I think if we're going to restart at A, now would be the time...

1 hour ago, exile said:

I think if we're going to restart at A, now would be the time...

Maybe you have a better suggestion lined up already... you usually have 😋

...but here's a thought if you want to go through the alphabet.   Any topics beginning with A at the same time.   For example thinking ahead to an easy one "L", you could have Love, Losing and Libation for a start, all jumbled up as the mood takes.   We could go until we dry up, or have a 24hr time limit?   One last rule... X,Y,Z get lumped together in a threesome climax.

Well just a thought 😳

19 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Another idea.   Songs released by year backwards.   2020 first, then next day we do 2019.   I'd struggle 'til about 1977 mind you :huh:

Uh, some of might struggle with 2020! :o

19 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Maybe you have a better suggestion lined up already... you usually have 😋

...but here's a thought if you want to go through the alphabet.   Any topics beginning with A at the same time.   For example thinking ahead to an easy one "L", you could have Love, Losing and Libation for a start, all jumbled up as the mood takes.   We could go until we dry up, or have a 24hr time limit?   One last rule... X,Y,Z get lumped together in a threesome climax.

Well just a thought 😳

Hmmm, sounds interesting but a problem with "any theme beginning with the letter..." would be that people wouldn't necessarily guess what the theme was. Was that Love, or Lust, or Longevity or Lollapalooza? Maybe almost any track or artist could be made to fit any letter?

But I get that starting with A may be a bit boring. On the other hand it's proven tricky to do anything beyond keywords in the name or artist or track. And the more complicated the rule, the more time spent on text and not tunes.

The simplest thing I can think is to do themed, starting with an explicit theme beginning with A, then B and so on.

So the first theme could be, say, 'Alcohol', then when that 'dries up', the next could be 'Birds', etc.

A completely different alternative could be that it's done by theme but the new theme has to be based on something applying to the last item posted. So each successive theme is linked by one track in common at the changeover...

So here is a suggestion. I'll call a new theme now by relating to something in the last item posted. The theme continues till someone decides to change but new theme should relate to the last post at the time.

Boys and/or Dolls...

Edited by exile