This Board Needs Tunes - Page 201 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

14 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I mentioned on the Favourite Bands thread how certain music brings back memories. 

I remember when I must have only been about 8 years old going with my friend to see this film, I might even had had to take my wee brother with us who is 2 yrs younger than me.

We lived in Paisley and  the film was on at the cinema in Barrhead. We had to find our own way to Barrhead and when we got there we had missed the start,  so at the end we hid in the cinema and waited for it to come back on. But in those days there were ‘B’ movies , so we had to watch that first. 
When the Wizard Of Oz came back I thought we were watching the wrong film, because the film was in colour when we arrived as we missed the start. 
At the end we had to find our way home again. By the time we got home we had been away for about 6 or 7 hours. Nobody batted an eyelid, just a casual ‘ did you enjoy the film ?’.

Wtf , could you imagine these days packing  an 8 yr old away on their own for 6 or 7 hours. 

It will always be one of my favourite films. 

6 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Mmmm that might a future topic..... misheard lyrics 🤔.

Free Nelson Mandela by the special aka my wee sister used to walk about singing "please don't mess my cellar".

😂😂

That could be a decent topic 👍

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Lairdy I tried to give you a ‘like’ for the song but I have used up all my reactions despite only having given one today. I must be back on the naughty step. 

No worries. Enjoyed reading your post about the cinema. We had 2 in Greenock, The Gaumont and The Regal, years ago and used to do similar by staying and watching the same movie twice. Couldn't imagine any youngsters today sitting for hours watching a movie without them lifting a mobile phone.

3 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No worries. Enjoyed reading your post about the cinema. We had 2 in Greenock, The Gaumont and The Regal, years ago and used to do similar by staying and watching the same movie twice. Couldn't imagine any youngsters today sitting for hours watching a movie without them lifting a mobile phone.

Paisley had the ABC and the Kelburn. There might have been the Regal as well. Going to Barrhead was like travelling to a different country, 

I remember queuing at the Kelburn for the Sound of Music and Paint Your Wagon. The queue would be down the street and up the side of the cinema. You would not know if you were going to get in, often they would stop letting people in just as you were getting to the front, and you had to stand there for hours waiting for the next showing. It was murder. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Paisley had the ABC and the Kelburn. There might have been the Regal as well. Going to Barrhead was like travelling to a different country, 

I remember queuing at the Kelburn for the Sound of Music and Paint Your Wagon. The queue would be down the street and up the side of the cinema. You would not know if you were going to get in, often they would stop letting people in just as you were getting to the front, and you had to stand there for hours waiting for the next showing. It was murder. 

Off current topic. Just for you.

7 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

To confused emoji, it's a song about a hat, the topic is hats.

But you always say it's got to be songs you like? Incidentally I didnae dae the emoji.