This Board Needs Tunes - Page 127 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

59 minutes ago, fringo said:

Thank you 😉

You're welcome 😁

11 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Jim, if you don’t stop with this world stuff I’m going to post World in Motion 😬😳😩😂

OK enough is enough.   My swansong for tonight.   Intro may or may not be appropriate :beer2:

44 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

You okay :eek: 

Can we expect your return tomorrow with pages of easy listening Xmas tunes :huh:

Oh dear, there's a thought.   You're safe from me for three days I think.   Careful what you plan for the next phase 🐔🌸🦠 ?

Not one of my favourite tracks of theirs but it’s the best I can come up with:

In my younger days, Huddersfield had a pub that began with every single letter of the alphabet (from the Albion to the Zetland). It was a badge of honour of course to be say that you’d been drunk in town all the way from A to Z. 

The exception was X. So to seal the deal, you were allowed a pub called the Cross Keys. 

So having spectacularly failed to find much to post, I’m sticking this here as a little bending of the rules. 

Hope the video works & I don’t know what all the crap is at the start...I think we’ve mentioned before Hendrix videos are incredibly hard to find.

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Oh dear, there's a thought.   You're safe from me for three days I think.   Careful what you plan for the next phase 🐔🌸🦠 ?

7 hours ago, exile said:

I can think of a song about a place beginning with X but I think I exceeded my quota there. Maybe a time to think of the next phase...

Also, I couldn't add Huddersfield's post, good choice btw bending the rules & like your pub story  :ok:

I have only one contribution for 'X' and to avoid following with Y & Z over the next two days I'd say just chuck any in today.  Incidentally there is a banning order in place if you all post YMCA.

Any suggestions for the next phase would be most welcome. 

TDYER, do we have another go at colours :Tumbleweed-2:   or any votes for:

Names :  Personal first names including famous people by name.  Believe me, there are hundreds.

If a song is about a 'thing' with a name e.g. "Calum Dan's transit van" then that would also be acceptable. 

This would be a perfect finish to our theme if only Zorba was a location but I can't resist throwing it in.

Thanks folks for all your tunes...well maybe not all of them :cheers3: 

Oops wrong one above!

Edited by Heuch Moray
wrong video

17 minutes ago, Heuch Moray said:

Also, I couldn't add Huddersfield's post, good choice btw bending the rules & like your pub story  :ok:

I have only one contribution for 'X' and to avoid following with Y & Z over the next two days I'd say just chuck any in today.  Incidentally there is a banning order in place if you all post YMCA.

Any suggestions for the next phase would be most welcome. 

TDYER, do we have another go at colours :Tumbleweed-2:   or any votes for:

Names :  Personal first names including famous people by name.  Believe me, there are hundreds.

If a song is about a 'thing' with a name e.g. "Calum Dan's transit van" then that would also be acceptable. 

I was thinking peoples names too, hoping there wouldn't be too many lovey-dovey ones.   If you do colours, all mine are blues and black.   Then I thought animals, real and otherwise:  You've got the likes of My Lovely Horse, and I can get to do dragons 😆

9 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Not one of my favourite tracks of theirs but it’s the best I can come up with:

In my younger days, Huddersfield had a pub that began with every single letter of the alphabet (from the Albion to the Zetland). It was a badge of honour of course to be say that you’d been drunk in town all the way from A to Z. 

The exception was X. So to seal the deal, you were allowed a pub called the Cross Keys. 

So having spectacularly failed to find much to post, I’m sticking this here as a little bending of the rules. 

Hope the video works & I don’t know what all the crap is at the start...I think we’ve mentioned before Hendrix videos are incredibly hard to find.

Beat me to it with Rush. Curses.