This Board Needs Tunes - Page 86 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

11 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

WTF happened there? I went to bed on C & woke up on E. Usually when I lose a day, I've got a blinding headache to show for it.

This is gonna be hard to keep up with 😍

I'm F'ing out tomorrow an'all.   May have to stay up late or get up early.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I liked them. The first one was like a random eurovision entry.
That said, without the videos as entertainment  I might need 2 paracetamol to get through them 😊

Dubioza kolektiv were great live at G2 (the wee Garage on Sauchiehall St.).   Audience was dancing from start to finish.   Singer shouts out, "Anyone here from Glasgow?" and the missus jumps up by herself.

Then, "Any illegal immigrants in?", and the place went mental 😄

2 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

When I hear names like Dizzie Gillespie I hear them with Michael Parkinson's voice.   This guy's name I hear in a Liverpool accent.   Oh shit exile missed The Beatles anaw!

It's ok you can get them at T 😄

I think these folks poped this up a wee bit to cash in on Natalie's success with their song.   I might have the versions mixed up though.

Possibly about the 3rd time I've posted this as it's a favourite.   No idea why.   THE END.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Dubioza kolektiv were great live at G2 (the wee Garage on Sauchiehall St.).   Audience was dancing from start to finish.   Singer shouts out, "Anyone here from Glasgow?" and the missus jumps up by herself.

Then, "Any illegal immigrants in?", and the place went mental 😄

😁 where the hell do you hear of all these outrageous bands. I think I’m edgy going to see Sparks. 

20 minutes ago, bonzo said:

There was another guy called elvis, wonder how he got on?

That is my favourite Elvis song.

My dad was a massive Elvis fan. He used to impersonate him at his bowling club. He would drag us along occasionally for a night out. The crowd would shout ‘Elvis Elvis! and my dad would appear. He looked nothing like Elvis, my dad was wee and ginger. I was mortified but they seemed to enjoy it . 

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😁 where the hell do you hear of all these outrageous bands. I think I’m edgy going to see Sparks. 

Ha!   I mind thinking I was smart posting a tune I heard from a support act at a gig.   Something about the tune must have prepared my head beforehand.   The OP has posted it just a couple of weeks earlier.   Doh.

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

Ha!   I mind thinking I was smart posting a tune I heard from a support act at a gig.   Something about the tune must have prepared my head beforehand.   The OP has posted it just a couple of weeks earlier.   Doh.

I wouldnt worry. If it was anyone on this thread they are too old to remember what happened  2 weeks earlier. 

Huddersfield got me thinking of another post-industrial tune.   The Circus.   Instead, this one might be better for Tidy to dance to... if you can do 7 minutes.  

Feck.   Too long.   Should have posted the shorter version.   I'm getting fed up with the instrumental padding.   Probably folk here feel like this when I post Dream Theater.    Oh damn!!!!

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wouldnt worry. If it was anyone on this thread they are too old to remember what happened  2 weeks earlier. 

As I was typing that I couldn't remember the name of the act!   Then I got a horrible feeling that I had just posted her again somewhere in the A to D...

Finally remembered that I'd held off so I might have something to contribute(?) in the WEEK of "A" before the rules wrote themselves.   Maybe next time around, or at "H"      😀

59 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Think I notice anytime my phone battery is at 43% because of this song 

I knew someone was a Dillinger fan on here, but forgot who.   Where you been?   My rock stuff looks lightweight after that   😃

4 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I knew someone was a Dillinger fan on here, but forgot who.   Where you been?   My rock stuff looks lightweight after that   😃

Hahaha. Even after all these years calculating Infinity still is harsh and abrasive no matter how many times you play it.