This Board Needs Tunes - Page 83 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

2 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Should have started with... 'A'

Hey we're going backwards now! 😉

I guess it'll just be an unwritten constitution. What is is what goes!

Edited by exile

3 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

That was posted  before I knew the rules 😀

With hindsight it would be simpler to just stick to 'anything beginning with A'

In fact not just hindsight, the unwritten constitution says that what just happened is what it is to be. So it's already a historical fact you can post any A!

1 minute ago, exile said:

With hindsight it would be simpler to just stick to 'anything beginning with A'

In fact not just hindsight, the unwritten constitution says that what just happened is what it is to be. So it's already a historical fact you can post any A!

Yay!

Rules can be fun here, though if I was worried that if I got an opening suddenly to post some some Black Sabbath, but some bawbag posted Boz Skaggs first I'd be ragin' 😄

12 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Brilliant idea putting yon musical interludes into a sitcom... though I was behind the times and only saw repeats, so no, I was not one of the cool ones...

Was never an Alice Cooper fan, except that this is one of the tunes that wired my brain   ...and fecked my ears.   Needed volume, so used to stick my wee Philips cassette recorder up to my lug at full blast with it.   A ghetto blaster was but a dream.

Exile's wishin' he'd never opened his mooth 😛

I'm always wondering which tube to post.   Not that folk give a... lookin' at you bonzo & Eisegerwind

Onyhoo, instead of closer to original Pink Pop blonde, I'll go for recent (i.e old duffers in audience) black and tatts...

Btw, does anybody know if her performance at the UEFA/FIFA draw is on-line somewhere?   Singing 'Pride' I think.

Edited by Grim Jim

Some Burt Bacharach for a lazy Sunday. 

This song was written by Tommy Scott lead singer of Space. He wrote it for his dad who hated Tommy’s music taste but loved Burt Bacharach. You can definitely  hear Bacharach’s style through it. 

1 hour ago, exile said:

Is that the lot who used to play gigs around bars in Edinburgh - Preservation Hall - back in the day?

Blues 'N' Trouble was the Edinburgh based lot, Big George was Glasgow based, there was some intermingling I think, certainly BG made it as far as Edinburgh I believe on occasion. Always thought of George as a Blues Billy Connoly.

Edited by Eisegerwind