This Board Needs Tunes - Page 76 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

18 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I probably sounded like a smart arse, but I'd only just read that myself.   I actually looked up Wiki to see if Albinoni was covering Bach or vice versa, and to see where Whiter Shade of Pale came from.

Not at all, glad you mentioned it. I now have a conversation piece next time I am mingling with aristocrats  😁

I even downloaded it from spotify and it says it is by Tomaso Albinoni . That guy is hoovering up all these royalties 🙄

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 ah I am with you now. I have had a look at 82, there are a few howlers there as well.

Goombay Dance Band and Renee and Renato. 🤭

For every goombay dance band there's a David sole 🤔😄

47 minutes ago, bonzo said:

For every goombay dance band there's a David sole 🤔😄

😡 David Soul not Sole  ! Dont you hear it in his voice ...

I raise you Chas n Dave 😙

In actual fact 82 was a pretty nostalgic year too. I worked in a bar in Paisley at that time and used to imagine the song ‘Dont You Want Me Baby ‘ was being sung about me . That said, the only cocktail we sold was a pint of snakebite,  and even that got banned after someone tried to stab the owner after one too many.  

Out of ideas myself, I'm going to post 6 tunes from albums chosen by someone else.   (I never had an original thought myself, ever.)

If you want it to be a quiz, go ahead, but you'll either know the recommender or not (or maybe cheat).   Oanyhoo, someone I respect came up with 6 vinyl albums that influenced him/her, and am a bit surprised at his/her choices.

1 & 2:

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck inwish I knew how to post a tune. Someone help me please. Ffs

Ramy its so easy even I can do it. I will tell you so long as you promise to only post cool music . The only reason my shit  is  tolerated is because I am the only one posting it 🙂

Google the song you want and click on the video. . When it comes up hit the wee arrow that says ‘share’. Then choose ‘copy link’, then paste it onto here as a post. 

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck inwish I knew how to post a tune. Someone help me please. Ffs

I usually just copy the address from You Tube (this one posted earlier without showing up, worked for me)

And/or (on a PC anyway) you can right-click over the video itself and "Copy video url" or "Copy video url at current time" - in this case, about half way through:

Edited by exile

14 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Out of ideas myself, I'm going to post 6 tunes from albums chosen by someone else.   (I never had an original thought myself, ever.)

If you want it to be a quiz, go ahead, but you'll either know the recommender or not (or maybe cheat).   Oanyhoo, someone I respect came up with 6 vinyl albums that influenced him/her, and am a bit surprised at his/her choices.

1 & 2:

If it's a quiz, what's the question?

(Or, is that the quiz?)