This Board Needs Tunes - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

1 hour ago, Bobster said:

Still catching up.   Amazing how some obviously great musicians have passed me by.   Gonna have to listen to some more of Richie.   I'm hearing some "Hats off to Roy Harper" in that, which gives away my background, or something folkey anyway.

Again, I was late coming to Creedence.   Obviously too young for the first time around.

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Beat me to Ritchie havens 👍

25 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Good cover.   I think I'd given up with TOTP long before then.   Working with great material of course.

Love the original, but still cringe that I had to put up with two lassies at school going on about how hot Steve Cockney was.   And I was too shy/geeky to interject.   And I was not at all cool.   And they had yon feather cut hair and everything.   (Or whatever it was... yon Bowie/Rod thing ffs.)   They were talking like I wasn't there.   Doesn't really bother me at all.   Not really.   Not any more.   Feck, I've run out of drink 😰

5 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Good cover.   I think I'd given up with TOTP long before then.   Working with great material of course.

Love the original, but still cringe that I had to put up with two lassies at school going on about how hot Steve Cockney was.   And I was too shy/geeky to interject.   And I was not at all cool.   And they had yon feather cut hair and everything.   (Or whatever it was... yon Bowie/Rod thing ffs.)   They were talking like I wasn't there.   Doesn't really bother me at all.   Not really.   Not any more.   Feck, I've run out of drink 😰

If I recall correctly the ones with the feather cuts were a bit mental and went out with the bigger boys.

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Haley is my favourite PMJ singer.   Just listened to her fabulous rendition of Black Hole Sun.   However, they just didn't get it.

Cornell said, "No one seems to get this, but 'Black Hole Sun' is sad.

Nope, not buying into that at all. Had to google PMJ, and  nope. If it's a hot dress competition I'd go for this

Edited by Eisegerwind

II   My favourite album for years.   I dunno.   What tracks to pick?   Not Whole Lotta Love or Moby Dick though.   Love John Paul Jones on this one.

From the album covers you can see STEREO appeared to be a novelty.   Best with a set of headphones or wide apart speakers for Page's call and returns to himself at the end of this one.

4 minutes ago, exile said:

"Bad Things Must Have More Drama" 😄  

Ha!    I never even noticed the 2nd song.   I was half way through the first and thought "I'm havin' that before Exile gets here" :P   Love live stuff, sometimes even dodgy VCR transfers.

Posted this song before.   My PJ favourite, but an updated LIVE version.   Gotta hit the sack, so will leave youz with it.