This Board Needs Tunes - Page 70 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

6 hours ago, exile said:

Pretty sure I have not seen or heard of that band or track since it came out. 

It probably was the last thing you ever..............anyhoo am gaun tae bed night night. 

I'm sure on the first incarnation of this thread the OP had one rule... state the title & performer.   I've been far too lazy and so now cannot search for what has previously been posted.   Exile might have a spreadsheet (now that is a pun!), though even without I don't think Billy Don't be a Hero has been up before :headbang:

Now and again I think I've a five-star find to post, but bottle it as I have a niggling feeling I first heard the tune here.   OK, maybe once or twice, I completely forgot and posted anyway!   I'm sure it was worth it...

Right, everyone's heard this.   Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

Johnny Winter's ok, but McKinley Morganfield was a hard act to follow.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:00 PM, Grim Jim said:

I'm sure on the first incarnation of this thread the OP had one rule... state the title & performer.   I've been far too lazy and so now cannot search for what has previously been posted.   Exile might have a spreadsheet (now that is a pun!), though even without I don't think Billy Don't be a Hero has been up before :headbang:

Now and again I think I've a five-star find to post, but bottle it as I have a niggling feeling I first heard the tune here.   OK, maybe once or twice, I completely forgot and posted anyway!   I'm sure it was worth it...

Right, everyone's heard this.   Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

Johnny Winter's ok, but McKinley Morganfield was a hard act to follow.

....however there is also a tradition of only posting a video, and letting the song speak for itself. If anything discussion is the exception, like a DJ cutting into a stream of music. Which is OK if the DJ is 'adding value', but simply adding the title and artist of it's already visible would seem unnecessary....

(p.s. I nearly missed the pun... but I needn't say another Word about it.)