This Board Needs Tunes - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

8 hours ago, Heuch Moray said:

Back for a minute. Seems my account was locked and told to sign in again on 03/09/2019!! Assuming that's an American date..here's a few tunes..if it works.

Okay this isn't posting like the good old days so you're all going to have to miss out unless anyone out there can guide me. 😣 

Meanwhile some good stuff being posted, keep on truckin' ! 

Incidentally Grim Jim, Maggie Bell often performs at the Milngavie Folk Club. Check it out, great intimate venue.

She's still at it?    Wow!

Posting my way is just to copy and paste the url and press enter.   On a computer here, not a phone.

Probably done Jambi before.   I've no patience.   Gaps between albums is years.   That one came out after I had thought Tool had chucked it.

Some of you with no patience may not make it past the first 30 seconds.

Some explanatory preamble.

Right, something different (or have I done this before too?).   My folks were into musicals.

Once they found out that Snow White's witch was too scary for me, they used to drag me along to the cinema to watch musicals instead.   I suppose I got wired for them, though I've avoided them all since my teens.   Except Little Shop of Horrors.

Not seen it live.   Here's a clip.   Great how stage makeup and costume is exaggerated so folk in the cheap seats still get an eyeful.   Gaun yersel Seymour!

It must be Friday.   No fast forwarding to the vocals!   There is a bass solo at 5 mins tho'

Not sure if this classic's been on here yet.   Sticking to the original (if remastered) short version for its clean & dirty  sound.   A hat's off to John Lee Hooker too...

24 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

From an album I bought twice:  cassette then CD.   I gave away Marie's solo CD in a charity bag though.

Snap, I bought and still have lone justice and shelter on vinyl and CD.