This Board Needs Tunes - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Board Needs Tunes

OK, I'm assuming that did not go down well;  So...   AWB in 1973.   Retro shirt aw'aw.

I like the Feel No Fret album myself.   Never been to Barbados, but this surely feels like being there somewhere near a beach.   Got wonderful crackly vinyl noises on this too...

Still bumping into stuff on YT.

That took me onto Norah Jones doing a cover of Black Hole Sun, but that will get me into trouble again :P

I have three musical regrets (OK, four or five, I can't play for shit and can't even tune the bastardin thing).   I mean gig wise... I never saw AC/DC at the Apollo in '78 (was not into them yet), I never saw Thin Lizzy at the Apollo around the same time (sold out!), and I never saw Chris Cornell in any guise :o

So here is Edith Piaf

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

I have three musical regrets (OK, four or five, I can't play for shit and can't even tune the bastardin thing).   I mean gig wise... I never saw AC/DC at the Apollo in '78 (was not into them yet), I never saw Thin Lizzy at the Apollo around the same time (sold out!), and I never saw Chris Cornell in any guise :o

So here is Edith Piaf

From the brilliant film Audioslave paid homage to. 

Looks like I forgot to hit the "Submit Reply" button last night as I had these two more from Cornell lined up.   A bit much for a Monday morning perhaps.

I know Vanishing point well G-Man.   We had a school film club and that was the most memorable one.

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Enough of this music for intellectuals,  here is some Saturday night mainstream.

If this thread is too intellectual for you, you might want head over to Ramy's country music thread. Nae intellectuals in there.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

If this thread is too intellectual for you, you might want head over to Ramy's country music thread. Nae intellectuals in there.

I have already made my sole contribution to the country and  western thread. 

You know me, I never like to contribute to a thread if I dont have something worthwhile to say . 

That said, I like  Jake Bugg, I might nip over after another glass of wine.