EU Referendum - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye calling folk a racist for saying...

"Turkey,bosnia and albania to join?

If so the future within the eu is bleak"

Following it up with 

"Mainly his hatred towards Albanians and Turks.

You pair of fannies necks are so extended it is beyond belief. 

Please clarify where I ever mentioned hatred?

And I would have expected a learned person like yourself to express a differing opinion without resorting to gratuitous and unwarranted insults, thanks.

I think this is a very unwise move by Nicola.

There is absolutely no need for her to get into a televised debate with Farage and it's a hiding to absolutely nothing.

There are some very good reasons for leaving the EU that cannot be succesfully argued against - see the fisherman on Thursday's QT for example

This is Farage's territory and i doubt anyone knows more about what can grind folks gears about the EU than him

Remember when we all thought Salmond would wipe the floor with Darling in the televised debates ?

Sturgeon doesnt have a second half to rescue herself if it goes tits up

Edited by Ally Bongo

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Please clarify where I ever mentioned hatred?

And I would have expected a learned person like yourself to express a differing opinion without resorting to gratuitous and unwarranted insults, thanks.

What can you not read anymore Barney. That was your man deecie who you have backed up. As for whining about gratuitous and warranted insults while calling folk a racist for next to feck all you have some brass neck. How about you explain how exactly that post merits being called a racist? And I do mean that without making a bunch of prejudiced assumptions about the poster. It is you who is showing up their prejudices here. Totally over the top so dont go all mock offended in return. 

20 hours ago, buckielugger said:

What can you not read anymore Barney. That was your man deecie who you have backed up. As for whining about gratuitous and warranted insults while calling folk a racist for next to feck all you have some brass neck. How about you explain how exactly that post merits being called a racist? And I do mean that without making a bunch of prejudiced assumptions about the poster. It is you who is showing up their prejudices here. Totally over the top so dont go all mock offended in return. 

Hell must have frozen over as I strongly agree with thplinth.

Exactly how does suggesting that country joining the EU might be a bad idea make somebody racist?

I would be completely pissed off if Turkey gained admission, mostly because of the death penalty and the clamp down on free speech. I guess I am racist too.

What a bunch of fannies.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You are not doing yourself any favours here man.

The poster made a prejudiced comment about Albanians, Bosnians and Turks without them ever having been part of the thread or even part of the EU referendum debate. That is undeniable.

And for your information, I've been based in the Balkans since 2008 - 7 years in Tirana, Albania, and this post comes from Podgorica, Montenegro. So there is no whining from me.

You calling me or anyone else a fanny is inappropriate at any time.

In this case you've just shown yourself up as being intolerant of others' opinions.

3 minutes ago, andymac said:

I would be completely pissed off if Turkey gained admission, mostly because of the death penalty and the clamp down on free speech. I guess I am racist too.

Purely being Devils Advocate

The pro EU argument would be that if these countries join they would change their laws in line with EU values 

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The poster made a prejudiced comment about Albanians, Bosnians and Turks without them ever having been part of the thread or even part of the EU referendum debate. That is undeniable.

And for your information, I've been based in the Balkans since 2008 - 7 years in Tirana, Albania, and this post comes from Podgorica, Montenegro. So there is no whining from me.

In this case you've just shown yourself up as being intolerant of others' opinions.

You calling people a racist because they oppose your PC bullshit is unacceptable, You use it to silence the opposition. You are the biggest bigots out there. Cry bullies. 

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

It was me that used the word fannies. In this particular the poster made comment about countries joining the EU, no comments about race or citizens of those countries.

I reserve the right to call anybody a fannie who assumes or implies racism when there is absolutely to evidence for it. 

17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Purely being Devils Advocate

The pro EU argument would be that if these countries join they would change their laws in line with EU values 

Hmmm, like the EU doesn't bend the rules?

Edited by andymac
Canny spell.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You calling people a racist because they oppose your PC bullshit is unacceptable, You use it to silence the opposition. You are the biggest bigots out there. Cry bullies. 

You are not a fanny, so why do you come back at me with this nonsense?

Come on man, you are better than that.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You are not a fanny, so why do you come back at me with this nonsense?

Come on man, you are better than that.

Which bit is nonsense?

54 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Aye calling folk a racist for saying...

"Turkey,bosnia and albania to join?

If so the future within the eu is bleak"

Following it up with 

"Mainly his hatred towards Albanians and Turks.

You pair of fannies necks are so extended it is beyond belief. 

Conditioned sheep. Pavlovian responses to folk delineating people by country.

What can you do?

8 minutes ago, andymac said:

Which bit is nonsense?

thplinth originally used the word fannies before you on this thread andymac.

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

This is the bit that's nonsense, in my view.

Not one clause of it stands up to any serious scrutiny.

Edited by Barney Rubble

10 minutes ago, andymac said:

Hmmm, like the EU doesn't bend the rules?

I know

Was just being Devils advocate as i said

Its the same sort of argument they use when they say to get a better deal for our fisherman we need to have better representation in the EU

31 minutes ago, andymac said:

Hell must have frozen over as I strongly agree with thplinth.

Exactly how does suggesting that country joining the EU might be a bad idea make somebody racist?

What a bunch of fannies.

It should represent how blindingly obvious it is, if we're all in agreement. Turkey can't be admitted atm anyway. It has a porous border in which thousands of people and weapons pour through, it's treatment of the kurds. Nuclear proliferation if Sibel Edmonds is to be believed. Black-market used by ISIS to sell oil etc. It would be ridiculous to consider admission at the moment. Not Racist.

When you call someone a 'racist' on the basis of that one post and then start talking about his 'hatred' what do you expect. For you to be whining about being called a 'fanny' after playing the race card after one post and talking about 'hatred' just again shows your incredible ability to make yourselves the false victim when in fact you are the No.1 problem. 

5 minutes ago, phart said:

It should represent how blindingly obvious it is, if we're all in agreement. Turkey can't be admitted atm anyway. It has a porous border in which thousands of people and weapons pour through, it's treatment of the kurds. Nuclear proliferation if Sibel Edmonds is to be believed. Black-market used by ISIS to sell oil etc. It would be ridiculous to consider admission at the moment. Not Racist.

This. Same for Albania and Bosnia.

Thanks for bringing sense to a thread where some are unable to differentiate between the political and the realistic.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

When you call someone a 'racist' on the basis of that one post and then start talking about his 'hatred' what do you expect. For you to be whining about being called a 'fanny' after playing the race card after one post and talking about 'hatred' just again shows your incredible ability to make yourselves the false victim when in fact you are the No.1 problem. 

Go to bed man.

You've had enough. 

Enjoy your sleep.

To be calling folk a racist fer feck all suggest to me it is maybe you on the sauce and needing your bed after a hard day. I must have missed your posts explaining how you conclude the guy is a racist by the way or have you forgotten.

It is a pretty serious accusation so let's hear it Barney and Deecie?

Edited by thplinth

27 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This. Same for Albania and Bosnia.

Thanks for bringing sense to a thread where some are unable to differentiate between the political and the realistic.

I'm agreeing with thplinth and andy, not you Deecie.

To be calling folk a racist fer feck all suggest to me it is maybe you on the sauce and needing your bed after a hard day. I must have missed your posts explaining how you conclude the guy is a racist by the way or have you forgotten.

It is a pretty serious accusation so let's hear it Barney?

Where did I ever call him a racist?

Once again - he was the one who introduced Albanians, Bosnians and Turks into a thread that has nothing - repeat NOTHING - to do with them.

He introduces that to the conversation - he has to stand by that statement. He made an ill-considered statement, that's it.

Please take your angst out on GirvanTA for having made that statement - not those os us who pulled him up for his stereotypical soundbite.

Leave those of us who showed him up for his ill-consideration alone.

8 hours ago, deecie said:

I'd like to nominate you for racist of the day.

4 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Why is he a racist 

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Because he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Man up Rubble. You said he was a racist.