EU Referendum - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

"David Cameron has shown “terrible dishonesty” about the true scale of EU migration, Boris Johnson has warned amid concerns that hundreds of thousands more people have arrived than previously thought.

The Office for National Statistics will on Thursday publish a new analysis which will seek to explain why 1 million EU migrants came to Britain over the past five years yet around 2.25 million were given National Insurance numbers."

Shocker. 

David Cameron shows terrible dishonesty every time he opens his filthy lying fuccking mouth.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

The Office for National Statistics will on Thursday publish a new analysis which will seek to explain why 1 million EU migrants came to Britain over the past five years yet around 2.25 million were given National Insurance numbers."

Is 1 million roughly the net migration figure over that time by any chance?

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

"David Cameron has shown “terrible dishonesty” about the true scale of EU migration, Boris Johnson has warned amid concerns that hundreds of thousands more people have arrived than previously thought.

Shocker. 

Maybe they need 2 each because they work twice as hard as UK folk?

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Is 1 million roughly the net migration figure over that time by any chance?

That will probably be the explanation but in reality there is no way to verify these numbers either way because nobody counts them in and then counts them out again. It's just guesswork. You would be as well going on anecdotal evidence like folk saying "There's an awfy lot of foreigners live doon ma street".

Watching the news, where we are yet again being fed so much news of US internal politics. Yet we hardly hear anything at all on the European Parliament  (or Commission, etc.). Here we are with an EU referendum  almost upon us, and most people don't have an idea of how it actually works....

14 hours ago, exile said:

Watching the news, where we are yet again being fed so much news of US internal politics. Yet we hardly hear anything at all on the European Parliament  (or Commission, etc.). Here we are with an EU referendum  almost upon us, and most people don't have an idea of how it actually works....

Agreed. It always appears, from what I hear down here, that England would rather be closer to the US than the rest of Europe, unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

BBC - no idea if it's just Scotland though. - edit sounds like it might be UK-wide.

http://order-order.com/2016/05/13/farage-and-sturgeon-set-for-head-to-head-bbc-debate/

"Audience members will be under 30 and representative of the whole of the UK rather than just Scotland"

What are they going to do? Bus everyone up? :huh:

It's in Scotland - so it should be representative of Scotland, or a 33-33-33 split between Remain, Leave and Undecided voters.

2 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

"Audience members will be under 30 and representative of the whole of the UK rather than just Scotland"

It's in Scotland - so it should be representative of Scotland, or a 33-33-33 split between Remain, Leave and Undecided voters.

I read that as an audience that was representative of UK opinion on the EU rather than Scottish opinion *but* it would be an audience of people who live in Scotland.

23 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Widnae be the first time.

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 1:13 PM, deecie said:

So you're pro-EU, but votng to leave because you didn't like a pro-EU leaflet.

Seems sensible.

I do not claim to be sensible. And one leaflet does not decide my vote. But IIt

Phone is fcked..can't type properly. 

..leaflet is a manifestation of Cameron's  continuing lies and lies and lies.

I despise him totally  

Anyway a VOTE to leave will NOT result in UK ACTUALLY leaving. The government and the EU and the whole establishment will simply not allow it.  Cameron can have Westminster parliament overrule any outcome of the referendum (as he could have done with Scotland if we had voted yes...)

However a vote to leave will though cause plenty of chaos and that alone might make it worthwhile....

Its laughable with the amout of scaremongering going on from the remain camp. It reeks of the scottish referendum again. 

My question is what is the future of the eu within say the next 10 years? 

Turkey,bosnia and albania to join?

If so the future within the eu is bleak

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Its laughable with the amout of scaremongering going on from the remain camp. It reeks of the scottish referendum again. 

My question is what is the future of the eu within say the next 10 years? 

Turkey,bosnia and albania to join?

If so the future within the eu is bleak

I'd like to nominate you for racist of the day.

Good work, keep it up.

3 hours ago, deecie said:

I'd like to nominate you for racist of the day.

Good work, keep it up.

Bit harsh.  You're possibly right, but I'd rather give him the chance to expand on his point before castigating him.

46 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Why is he a racist 

Because he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Most likely he's never been to Albania, Bosnia or Turkey to have an informed opinion on any of these countries or their credentials (or otherwise) for becoming Member States.

More to the point, the amount of people on the thread who state they will vote leave because of the antics of the remain camp rather than after a considered view of the case for staying in is mind boggling. Are people really that suggestible?

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What a ridiculous and offensive statement. Do you never tire of talking utter pish on here. I nominate you twat of the day.

Wind your neck in just for once.

The offensive statement was made by he who introduced Albanians, Bosnians and Turks to the thread when there had been no prior reference to them and therefore no need to refer to them.

Aye calling folk a racist for saying...

"Turkey,bosnia and albania to join?

If so the future within the eu is bleak"

Following it up with 

"Mainly his hatred towards Albanians and Turks.

You pair of fannies necks are so extended it is beyond belief.