The walking dead - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I can't recall that far back. If that was the case they made one attempt and that was it? In a real situation you'do search everywhere for a clue not just once and not bother again. They should base it more like The Incredible Hulk where every week he was on the hunt for a cure and intermingle it with zombie fighting and fighting sects/groups.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nothing has happened, considering the state of michones face as she was being choked she looked fine apart from blood at the end. As if no-one couldnt have killed Neagan at some point by now, and he has far too many folk to realistically lose. Noone "good" good really died either. Sasha was shite anyway. Still wish they would kill Carole or Carl too. It has been gash all season!

Edited by Kirk

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes that is the real issue.

I mean the USA is a massive country. Just up sticks and look to settle elsewhere. Also to me it is implausible that they have never ever contemplated trying to hunt out sources for a cure. Anyone in that situation would Hunt down government installations and research places or head to Washington to look for solutions but it has never even been talked about.

They tried CDC in Atlanta in season 1 then are heading for fort benning at the start of season 2. By season 5 they are trying to get to Washington but end up stopping at alexandria where they try and rest and regroup after the trials of terminus. Guess at some point they will continue the journey to Washington and find more trouble to stop them getting there

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well WALOFS the first part of Season 8 was. FFS how long can they drag out this "all-out war" for?

Too many characters in it now and I lose track of who's who. You went weeks between even seeing various main characters as well while they focused on pointless ones. As for those weirdos living in the garbage dump but managing to look clean, tidy and well-fed - I've no idea WTF they're saying. Same with Eugene, he's utterly incomprehensible and I keep having to rewind!

I know there had to be a cliffhanger but how did Carl manage to get bit? And how did 3 of them crash in a car and then all reappear in diverse places? And how did Maggie get back to the Hilltop unguarded so she could get access to a gun? Most importantly - how did the Saviours even escape from their compound? Something to do with Eugene supposedly but then I thought Dwight sabotaged that?

I just don't fkin get it at all. Used to be a brilliant show. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it was much more fun when zombies sneaked up on folk and munched them.  :lol:

Carl was bit last week when he was trying to make friends with and bring to Alexandria the guy who was clearly alone that Rick had scared away

No idea about the car crash

Maggie and the rest of the Hilltop bunch were allowed to go back there after the Saviours killed one of them, took their guns and turned them back from assisting Alexandria

Saviours escape from Sanctuary down to Eugene but still to be revealed

But yes - they have booted the arse out of it way too much

40 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Mid season break. Back next year?

J

Ahh FFS. He's survived being shot point-blank through the eye socket, so he'll probably survive a zombie bite. CORRAAAALLL!!!!!111one

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Carl was bit last week when he was trying to make friends with and bring to Alexandria the guy who was clearly alone that Rick had scared away

Yes but one big flaw in this storyline. How come he has not turned after being bitten at least a day earlier when usually the change is fairly instantaneous.

27 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes but one big flaw in this storyline. How come he has not turned after being bitten at least a day earlier when usually the change is fairly instantaneous.

Not always

After you die - yes

Remember Herschel was bitten in the leg and survived after it was amputated

It's all to do with the nature of the bite and the amount of blood loss

A bite to the jugular vein for example will kill you quicker than a bite to your side

Everyone already has the virus so it's not that which kills you

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not always

After you die - yes

Remember Herschel was bitten in the leg and survived after it was amputated

It's all to do with the nature of the bite and the amount of blood loss

A bite to the jugular vein for example will kill you quicker than a bite to your side

Everyone already has the virus so it's not that which kills you

Ah right. Cheers for explaining that.

• 4 weeks later...

It's gotten a bit pish, just caught up with the last episode there. There's barley even any zombie involvement now which was the whole point of the show 😂 they're ripping the arse now, hope coral dies soon

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big gunfight at the Hilltop, everyone goes to sleep except a kid with a rifle and Gregory.  No need for anyone to be awake and watching out for anything I guess...

What's going on with Maggie's pregnancy as well?

Edited by in5omniac

Guest BlueGaz

I binned watching it last year as it was dragging on and on.  Has it picked up at all since then or do they still draw everything out for as long as they can?  I may go back and continue where I left it if it has picked up a bit.

On 29/03/2018 at 6:13 AM, EddardStark said:

Its developed into an action thriller with countless gunfights. A host of very poor characters and even Negan has been diminished to some sort of clown bit part. Needs to be put out of its misery. I still watch it. Not sure why. 

J.D.M is an excellent actor so hopefully the part of Negan doesn't define his career as he should have left long ago, he's gone from genuinely scary to camp. The show itself has been pony for ages, 3 seasons of anything is enough

Edited by dan cake

• 3 weeks later...

Time this was binned methinks. What a damp squib ending to Season 8 with characters turning 180-degree shifts from showing mercy to wanting revenge and vice versa. Totally incomprehensible, especially how the likes of Rick could shoot a bluebottle's goolies off at 100 yards a few seasons ago but now can't hit someone like Negan at point-blank range.

As for Negan, how the hell did he get off that trolley thing that the garbage woman had him tied up on? In fact how did she kidnap him at all? Did Maggie ever have her bairn as she never seemed to get any fatter? And WTF were these helicopters all about? And what was the point of those well-fed, well-dressed women who turned up a few weeks ago wanting to trade survival plans for records? It's just getting daft now.

The show is becoming a parody of itself. I was watching the earlier seasons on Prime and it's chalk and cheese - great writing, great acting, excitement... The Governor was a real villain unlike this Negan nonsense. Hopefully they'll call it a day. I realise I'm not obliged to watch it of course.  :)

I deliberately never peeked at the Graphic Novel to see how it ended

I think Negan's character will develop as alluded to by Scott Gimple on Talking Dead

It really has to as the Rick/Negan situation has run it's course

Maggie, Jesus and Daryl prepared to turn on Rick is a good twist and i assume within the massive hoard will come The Whisperers

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I deliberately never peeked at the Graphic Novel to see how it ended

I think Negan's character will develop as alluded to by Scott Gimple on Talking Dead

It really has to as the Rick/Negan situation has run it's course

Maggie, Jesus and Daryl prepared to turn on Rick is a good twist and i assume within the massive hoard will come The Whisperers

Jesus is as peaceful as a pussycat though - or was. He never had the balls to stand up to kill attackers or prisoners and on at least one occasion it cost the group so how, all of a sudden, has he become sort of a revolutionary? That was very odd. Even Maggie's inclusion was a little odd given that she was always portrayed as content with Rick as leader up until him not killing Neegan. Daryl is the only one who has been portrayed as becoming disenchanted with Rick in the current series getting into fights with him and taking it upon himself to do his own thing.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

It has become utter pish, so so boring now, im gutted as i really enjoyed it but the last few seasons have been rank. Used to be excited for the new seasons etc but now im not fussed. will probably keep watching as ive spent so much time on it but most people i know are patching it now