The walking dead - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Some people let their kids watch this...

I watched the first episode then planned to save the rest up and binge it. I'm now not sure if that's really a good idea for psychiatric reasons.

I thought the scene at the Sanctuary was more disturbing than last night - where they were slaughtering people like cattle for food

Was it a worse scene than De Niro as Al Capone using the baseball bat on one of his men in the conference room ?

Granted Glen's eye popping out after the first strike maybe crossed the line

23 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Kinda feel cheated though with the eventually pointless rigmarole over Glenn being "dead" in the last series

The fact he was meant to be dead, but actually wasn't, was the reason i wanted him dead in the new series.

I cheered at every blow. :P

Mind you, we're assuming that he actually IS dead. Lets face it, Coral has survived worse injuries, sort of...

12 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Genuinely shocked at the scenes. Didn't take breath for about a minute. Really disturbing episode.

I dont understand how people are shocked. Maybe it's because i was prepared

1 - In the second to last episode of season 6 when they attacked one of Negan's camps there were photographs pinned up on the wall of mashed in heads

2- Season 6 ended with someone getting their head bashed in and the months in between that & season 7 starting there were numerous debates as to who it was going to be

3 - After a couple of hits you are for all intent and purposes dead or at the very least brain dead. The pulping of the heads (which you dont see) is nowhere near some of the gore we see disposing of walkers - Rick decapitating the hanged walker for example

4 - As i mentioned in season 5 at the sanctuary they had handcuffed people over a trough and were baseball batting their heads and slitting their throats at the same time as a precurser for being eaten

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

1 - In the second to last episode of season 6 when they attacked one of Negan's camps there were photographs pinned up on the wall of mashed in heads

2- Season 6 ended with someone getting their head bashed in and the months in between that & season 7 starting there were numerous debates as to who it was going to be

3 - After a couple of hits you are for all intent and purposes dead or at the very least brain dead. The pulping of the heads (which you dont see) is nowhere near some of the gore we see disposing of walkers - Rick decapitating the hanged walker for example

4 - As i mentioned in season 5 at the sanctuary they had handcuffed people over a trough and were baseball batting their heads and slitting their throats at the same time as a precurser for being eaten

I was taken aback by the violence and not ashamed to admit it. And I've watched every episode so have seen some gory stuff. Had to walk to the kitchen and put the kettle on. Found it uncomfortableas the head bashing continued.   

On 27/10/2016 at 7:38 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Seconded 

On 30/10/2016 at 8:23 AM, flumax said:

Could I just say . Told yer 

Thought that too, Glad glens gone, he was a pain in the arse recently. Liked abraham but he probably deserved it.

Gona be interesting what happens now

• 2 weeks later...

Have only just caught up. Started with series 1 in the summer and now on series 7. Been very entertaining, but it does seem now to be getting a bit repetitive. There always seems to be another big bad guy out there with a vicious gang. The violence seems to be worse but probably as it's against people/ characters you know instead of just dumb zombies. A bit over the top in the first series 7 episode though I thought. Also it's getting a bit tiring the way they cause a lot of the problems themselves - not seeming to learn from mistakes. 

However I'll keep watching - decent show.

9 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Got up to end of fifth series on Sky and they appear to have dumped everything but series 7 from their boxsets. Gutted. 

On Amazon prime if you have that

Well its kinda boring atm, they are taking a pumping, obviously they will get out of it somehow.

When they had Neegan at the graves, 3 on 1 they could have taken him out, Rick had Lucile and Darrel was there, obviously the priest is usually useless but still they could have done something, or Carrrrl could have just shot him.

Duno where the Ezekial thing is going but think he might pump Carol by the looks of it. They still have 3 on the outside Neegan doesnt know about in Carole, Morgan and Maggie (possibly plus bairn)

Not been the most exciting and hope something decent happens soon, the Zombies have almost become an afterthought.

38 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Well its kinda boring atm, they are taking a pumping, obviously they will get out of it somehow.

When they had Neegan at the graves, 3 on 1 they could have taken him out, Rick had Lucile and Darrel was there, obviously the priest is usually useless but still they could have done something, or Carrrrl could have just shot him.

Duno where the Ezekial thing is going but think he might pump Carol by the looks of it. They still have 3 on the outside Neegan doesnt know about in Carole, Morgan and Maggie (possibly plus bairn)

Not been the most exciting and hope something decent happens soon, the Zombies have almost become an afterthought.

Someone made point if they killed Negan then, the other saviours are just as bad and Negan keeps them under check at the moment, if he died they would probably just kill everyone as you saw the way they treated everyone at Alexandria especially the young girl carl's friend.  They are a nasty bunch, if you go by the comic books its a war and takes ricks group, the kingdom and hilltop groups to come together to stop them due to the numbers game.

Edited by Geed

3 hours ago, Geed said:

Someone made point if they killed Negan then, the other saviours are just as bad and Negan keeps them under check at the moment, if he died they would probably just kill everyone as you saw the way they treated everyone at Alexandria especially the young girl carl's friend.  They are a nasty bunch, if you go by the comic books its a war and takes ricks group, the kingdom and hilltop groups to come together to stop them due to the numbers game.

Yeah i know haha, just picking at it for conversations sake. guessed it would go that way with them teaming up eventually, just want it to get a bit more exciting soon. always a slow build to start. 

16 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Yeah i know haha, just picking at it for conversations sake. guessed it would go that way with them teaming up eventually, just want it to get a bit more exciting soon. always a slow build to start. 

Aye its slow just now as they are trying build the characters up the now.  Don't think it will be too long till it kicks off again, as its going to be to hard to keep going from Alexandria to the hilltop one week to the saviours group the next to then the kingdom, they are going to bring them together soon.  Got a feeling next weeks at hilltop could see a change as reckon they will bump into the kingdom soon or guy Jesus in it may and try unite the 3 of them.

After the opening episode of season 7 i think it was obvious they would calm it down a bit and go back down the character development route and build up the Negan/Rick tension

Thought they booted the arse out of it a bit on Monday though with Rick's humiliation and Negan's jokey manner

I imagine it will continue to be built up until the mid season finale when something explosive will happen again with the Kingdom/Hilltop/Alexandria alliance

They have to get their guns back first

Ps - in real life the folk at Alexandria would have had someone staked out on a house rooftop with a rocket launcher waiting on Negan's first visit in person

Edited by Ally Bongo