The walking dead - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It is not on Virgin Media - even if you have BT Sports in your package

I sourced this when it first came on at the back end of last year

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me and the missus got hooked on this Walking Dead show quite recently.  We're into Season 3 after some intensive watching.  Got to say I absolutely p*ss myself laughing at the zombies.  :lol:

Question: noticed something on the telly about this other show Fear The Walking Dead.  What's the story with it?  Can it be watched with the main one concurrently without spoiling things or should you watch it after a particular season to fill you in on details or what?

1 hour ago, daviebee said:

Me and the missus got hooked on this Walking Dead show quite recently.  We're into Season 3 after some intensive watching.  Got to say I absolutely p*ss myself laughing at the zombies.  :lol:

Question: noticed something on the telly about this other show Fear The Walking Dead.  What's the story with it?  Can it be watched with the main one concurrently without spoiling things or should you watch it after a particular season to fill you in on details or what?

It's a sort of spin off series that starts roughly when walking dead starts but deals with the outbreak growing rather than the aftermath that walking dead does. It's also set in los Angeles so totally different area to walking dead. There are thoughts that eventually the 2 groups will meet but when and how much we don't know. Def worth a watch if you are enjoying walking dead

3 hours ago, hunchy said:

It's a sort of spin off series that starts roughly when walking dead starts but deals with the outbreak growing rather than the aftermath that walking dead does. It's also set in los Angeles so totally different area to walking dead. There are thoughts that eventually the 2 groups will meet but when and how much we don't know. Def worth a watch if you are enjoying walking dead

Cheers.  Will check it out.  :ok:

9 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Cheers.  Will check it out.  :ok:

It's good, as you begin to watch how society begins unraveling.

It shows the period that Rick was in his coma, as people are struggling with the "infection" that is taking over. And has been said, it's set in LA.

J

On 05/04/2016 at 9:57 AM, Debian said:

More inclined for Abraham after saying to Sasha he wanted weans, and he stood up to Negan a bit... 

Going to throw it out there and say it was none of those captured, but infact the guy who Daryl had his run in with, dude with the blond hair who's name escapes me currently.

On 11/04/2016 at 2:27 PM, Davied14 said:

I burst out laughing when Daryl blew up the gang of bikers with the rocket launcher. :lol:

That was always going to happen when he went to tje back with one of the bikers, ridiculous but brilliant haha.

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Going to throw it out there and say it was none of those captured, but infact the guy who Daryl had his run in with, dude with the blond hair who's name escapes me currently.

Aye I dont think its going to be any of the main ones. As has been said the show hasnt followed the comics completley, it has taken some bits and tweaked them to their likeing. 

Liking the fact that Trevor from GTA still looks like Trevor, think he will be great in the next season.

2 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Dwight

18 hours ago, Kirk said:

Liking the fact that Trevor from GTA still looks like Trevor, think he will be great in the next season.

Aw man, I knew that was a very familiar face as well but I never twigged!! 

21 minutes ago, Garywag said:

Aw man, I knew that was a very familiar face as well but I never twigged!! 

Haha someone had mentioned it to me before i caught up, not sure if i would have made the connection otherwose

Watched the microseries this morning fear the walking dead flight 468. It's set on a plane as the outbreak happens. If you look on YouTube you can get the whole thing in one video. Worth a watch if you enjoy twd. 

2 hours ago, hunchy said:

Just a thought but do we ever find out how the outbreak started? I know the mad doc from CDC in series 2? Said we all have it in us but where and how did it start?.

Throughout the whole Zombie genre it is usually never revealed

On occasion there are insinuations of pandemic sometimes caused by the Government/Military and sometimes not but this is a modern thing

In the classic George A Romero films along with the spin offs from the 70s and early 80s it is never definitively stated.

• 1 month later...

Finally caught up with this, after looking online all signs point to it being Glenn who gets killed (it his him who dies in the cominc books and there is also a video where someone worked out the system Negan was using during Eeny Meeny Myny Mo).

On 23/05/2016 at 11:51 AM, Davied14 said:

Finally caught up with this, after looking online all signs point to it being Glenn who gets killed (it his him who dies in the cominc books and there is also a video where someone worked out the system Negan was using during Eeny Meeny Myny Mo).

Haha youve gone too far into it, I just wait to see what happens

• 4 months later...

From the trailer it looks like whoever was to Rick's right hand side got Lucille to the skull due the fresh blood on his face

Just after it Negan asks Rick who his right hand man is and the impression is that he realises he has just killed him

So it's Glenn or Daryl

If Daryl i will not be happy

So much so that i have a "if Daryl dies we riot" T shirt ...

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

From the trailer it looks like whoever was to Rick's right hand side got Lucille to the skull due the fresh blood on his face

Just after it Negan asks Rick who his right hand man is and the impression is that he realises he has just killed him

So it's Glenn or Daryl

If Daryl i will not be happy

So much so that i have a "if Daryl dies we riot" T shirt ...

Was gona get one of those t-shirts myself

4 minutes ago, flumax said:

Abraham and Glenn for me. Keep with the graphic novel. 

It's certainly going to be more than one death i think - one with the club and another shot

The sneak peek has eventually been put on Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Recorded new season episode at 2.30am last night and watched it at 6am this morning before work, was very shocked and emotional after watching it, not for the faint hearted this episode.

Was prepared for losses so not that shocked or emotional but it was a very good episode

Kinda feel cheated though with the eventually pointless rigmarole over Glenn being "dead" in the last series

I didnt know how to which is why i put it in tiny writing

The option isnt on the toolbar at the top

Edited by Ally Bongo