2days big games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2days big games

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Bizarre.

No idea what more he needs to do. 

Apparently you need to sit on the bench for Brighton or in the stand for Norwich to get call ups these days. Playing regularly and well for your club just gets you recognised as someone who the manager already knows will do well for him, despite rarely getting capped.

Easy street for the Dons.

Leave Tynecastle with 3 points on Friday and I think we may have a chance.

Nothing to do with big games, but does anyone know how Southampton got on today? (At least I think it was today)

6 minutes ago, Redz said:

Easy street for the Dons.

Leave Tynecastle with 3 points on Friday and I think we may have a chance.

Nothing to do with big games, but does anyone know how Southampton got on today? (At least I think it was today)

Lost 1-0 to Leicester.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

The diets are a filthy bunch.

I didn't think so yesterday, played some good football.  Thought ref had quite a good game, although he could've booked Brown earlier.  Only real criticism was he seemed to allow 40,000 howling Celtic fans rush him into giving them a few soft fouls, but it would need nerves of steel to defy them for 90 minutes.  

35 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I didn't think so yesterday, played some good football.  Thought ref had quite a good game, although he could've booked Brown earlier.  Only real criticism was he seemed to allow 40,000 howling Celtic fans rush him into giving them a few soft fouls, but it would need nerves of steel to defy them for 90 minutes.  

I'd be interested what Hearts fans thought of Madden yesterday, he seemed to infuriate both sets of fans in equal measure with his inconsistency.

He missed a couple of possible red cards for Brown and Oshinawa and the eventual red was a joke. He gave Dundee United the worst penalty decision I've ever seen a couple of years ago and he hasn't got any better. Another SFA sponsored incompetent.

11 hours ago, slasher said:

I'd be interested what Hearts fans thought of Madden yesterday, he seemed to infuriate both sets of fans in equal measure with his inconsistency.

He missed a couple of possible red cards for Brown and Oshinawa and the eventual red was a joke. He gave Dundee United the worst penalty decision I've ever seen a couple of years ago and he hasn't got any better. Another SFA sponsored incompetent.

An awful referee, Brown really should have walked early and from that point he some some baffling decisions for both teams.

really shouldn't be surprised from the man who tried to play a Rangers v hearts game in the snow last season. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Saw Chris Maguire picked up a runners up medal with Oxford Utd in yesterdays mega match - the JPT Final.

When will we see him back at Pittodrie then ? 

He's welcome to come back and watch us anytime.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Saw Chris Maguire picked up a runners up medal with Oxford Utd in yesterdays mega match - the JPT Final.

When will we see him back at Pittodrie then ? 

Don't think they need any more Celtic fans in the dressing room lol