Balls - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just bought myself a Tango replica and it is a thing of beauty. Really evocative. 

Anyway made me think of footballs. The first ball I remember is a white one with a red strip around the middle which I think conformed with the panels of the ball. Would be lkate 70's very early 80's. I'm not sure what make it was, may have been Mitre.

Does anyone know what this ball is?

In the meantime here a picture of the beautiful Tango. It really is a stunning design.

817Ux2L6-NL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by beardy

21 minutes ago, beardy said:

Just bought myself a Tango replica and it is a thing of beauty. Really evocative. 

Anyway made me think of footballs. The first ball I remember is a white one with a red strip around the middle which I think conformed with the panels of the ball. Would be lkate 70's very early 80's. I'm not sure what make it was, may have been Mitre.

Does anyone know what this ball is?

In the meantime here a picture of the beautiful Tango. It really is a stunning design.

817Ux2L6-NL._SL1500_.jpg

Maybe it was a white mouldmaster ?

Every world cup they come up with a new ball that they always say is rounder and has a truer flight. 

Always wondered how they can keep making a ball rounder every 4 years. What did they play with in the first world cup, a rectangle?

Edited by iainmac1

4 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Maybe it was a white mouldmaster ?

Oft the very thought o the mouldmaster takes me back tae cauld January mornings playin fur the BBs jist hoping you widnae get skelpt wae it 

21 hours ago, JasMc1973 said:

had one of they red stripe balls, this usually meant full time my way:

old-used-ball-soccer-football-10431225.j

Fine in the dry but utter murder in the wet, and when the bladder started poking out it was Russian Roulette to see who could burst it!!!