Season tickets - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season tickets

FANDABBYDOZZY

16 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Pretty much impossible unless England give us as many tickets as we want. 

There must be some reason for the delay. Or it might be just the usual SFA incompetence? They originally said the season tickets would go on sale in April. Maybe they are waiting to see how many tickets England agree to allocate to us before they announce the package. If England give us, say, 5000 tickets then the SFA sell 5000 home season ticket + away England packages. First come first served. Then they have a home games only season ticket for anybody who wants that?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There must be some reason for the delay. Or it might be just the usual SFA incompetence? They originally said the season tickets would go on sale in April. Maybe they are waiting to see how many tickets England agree to allocate to us before they announce the package. If England give us, say, 5000 tickets then the SFA sell 5000 home season ticket + away England packages. First come first served. Then they have a home games only season ticket for anybody who wants that?

If we get 5000 tickets for Wembley we'll sell them all through the points system before any ST holders would get a chance of any.

If England have a good Euro's we'll get the minimum. 

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

If we get 5000 tickets for Wembley we'll sell them all through the points system before any ST holders would get a chance of any.

If England have a good Euro's we'll get the minimum. 

The SFA will change the rules to suit themselves. They could come up with a system which uses the away points table and helps to sell season tickets at the same time. I am only speculating as to the reason why they have delayed the season tickets when they said they would be on sale in April. They must be waiting for something? Then again maybe somebody went on holiday and the season tickets got forgotten about. It is the SFA we are talking about, right enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Poor Euros from England. May help our case for more tickets if interest is low. Depends on their new manager now I suppose.

It shows how brainwashed I, and no doubt others, have become when my instant reaction to the £180 season ticket is that it isn't that bad. 

Unless you go to away games what is the incentive to join the SSC now? By my calculations (granted they are probably wrong) I'll still be £22 better off than those fans that choose to go down the ST route, if I buy individual tickets in the public sale. 

Being able to get in n early and choose a decent seat is about all I can come up with, although I got a couple of lads tickets for Germany and Poland last campaign and the seats were pretty good. No chance in hell tickets will be anywhere near that sort of demand.  

Farcical that fans are being charged more for being 'loyal'. 

I'm pleased I decided not to cave this time. Giving up a healthy away points total was the only thing that made me think twice, but at the moment only Wembley is looking likely for me. Add in the fact I'm refusing to back to Hampden for a midweek game,  it really wasn't worth the money or hassle. 

2 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Doesn't seem to show up an option to buy on my mobile phone, just saying no home games available. Any ideas? 

There's a link called "Season Tickets" on the desktop version. Maybe switch your phone to desktop mode if you can? 

You can't pick your seats on the mobile version, and switching to desktop mode doesn't work.  Presumably it's flash based, or something archaic like that.

Stop offering me seats down the front behind the goals, why the feck would any sane individual want to sit there ?????  At least let me choose front, middle or back, if a seat map is beyond them on a mobile phone.

Giving the SFA £500 of my money shouldn't be so hard.