Inverness Thistle - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Inverness Thistle

I am not exactly immersed in local football any more, but this is news to me. Sounds like total guff to be honest, what would be the point unless it was with a view to having another Inverness representative in the Highland league to re balance the North/East membership?

If that was the case they would be just as well having an ICT or Ross County reserve team in there instead.

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'm sure I read something a few weeks ago about them being relaunched, but I've not seen anything since.

Anyone know what the idea is etc?

There was talk about them reforming and entering the North Caledonian League, however nothing's come of it.

However St Duthus FC are reforming to enter the same league and currently doing fundraising!!

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/stduthusfc

Nothing to get too excited about. Amatuer league, playing the amatuer incarnation of Caledonian FC on the 9th of April

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1118718338160769&set=a.101663453199601.3942.100000678390604&type=3&theater

You can fill your boots listening to old school Caley & Jags fans hurling abuse at each other here.

They've got Inverness City playing in the Juniors up there, I'd imagine any new team launched which is aimed at Highland league level could mean trouble for them.

The club are already struggling due to no available pitches in the city I read. I don't know why they don't go back to sharing Clach's pitch, they did that for years when I played in the same league as City and it seemed to work well. Anyone got an update on if they've got a solution to that?

2 hours ago, Brooky said:

They've got Inverness City playing in the Juniors up there, I'd imagine any new team launched which is aimed at Highland league level could mean trouble for them.

The club are already struggling due to no available pitches in the city I read. I don't know why they don't go back to sharing Clach's pitch, they did that for years when I played in the same league as City and it seemed to work well. Anyone got an update on if they've got a solution to that?

It's the North Caley League, level below Highland League, that they were planning joining.

http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/northcaledonianfa?forceTheme=true&theme=Bootstrap

Ross County, Caley etc reserve teams used to play in it back in the day.

As I said previously, (I'll keep plugging!!), my home team is reviving to play in that league and are currently fundraising.

http://www.stduthusfc.co.uk

edited to add, I've just been told that the Inverness Thistle team is just a renaming of the Scotrail team that play in the Inverness and District Amateur Premier League.

Edited by ibelieve!!!

3 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

It's a pub league they are in. You can call yourself what you want. It isn't a relaunch. 

They could have called themselves Real Madrid D if they wanted

It's about time Inverness had a team worth supporting.

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 10:53 AM, deecie said:

Despite not existing, they'll probably still have a bigger crowd that ICT this weekend.

Crowd whank. 

You do realise that Aberdeen have a lower percentage of the population who watch their team than compared to ICT. 

Edited by iainmac1

21 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Crowd whank. 

You do realise that Aberdeen have a lower percentage of the population who watch their team than compared to ICT. 

You do realise that you biting at every wind-up and bitterness towards Aberdeen is pretty funny? 

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You do realise that you biting at every wind-up and bitterness towards Aberdeen is pretty funny? 

Bitterness at what exactly? There is one fan here who thinks everyone hates Aberdeen, obsessed etc etc. Even after a number of people have told him they'd like to see Aberdeen win the league he somehow still thinks differently. It's a bit boring now. Don't you go tagging along with that rubbish. 

ICT's attendances aren't great but no one's in Scotland are. Ours are pretty much bog standard. The only average attendance listing I could see had us at 8th for attendances as there are a few teams pretty much the same. This is decent enough as we have the problem of far smaller away supports compared to others.

Edited by iainmac1

7 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Bitterness at what exactly? There is one fan here who thinks everyone hates Aberdeen, obsessed etc etc. Even after a number of people have told him they'd like to see Aberdeen win the league he somehow still thinks differently. It's a bit boring now. Don't you go tagging along with that rubbish. 

You seem to be bitter about everything connected to Aberdeen. I've no idea who you're talking about. I'm only calling your posts as i see them. Quite as few times i've noticed you posting on this theme. That's entirely your prerogative of course, i'm only pointing it out.  

I'm generally of the opinion that most other fans don't care much about Aberdeen, much like i don't care either way about most other teams. 

On 05/02/2016 at 7:07 PM, iainmac1 said:

When did Aberdeen last win the Scottish Cup though? 26 years and counting. That's a real generation.

Maybe we could hold a referendum every time Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup...

On 13/01/2016 at 6:53 PM, iainmac1 said:

Aberdeen stopped caring about winning the big cup a generation* ago.

A real generation. Not a referendum generation. Two different types of generation.

On 24/10/2015 at 6:36 PM, iainmac1 said:

Aberdeen stick on for bottom six most people would agree.

On 27/09/2015 at 4:27 PM, iainmac1 said:

Aberdeen fans have been very quite the last day. Must be internet problems in the area.

On 23/01/2015 at 4:04 PM, iainmac1 said:

Well you chose to ignore it then.

If someone starts a thread saying all Inverness are h*ns then they can expect a reply. And the easiest one is that it is Aberdeen that is full of North Brits not Inverness.

After spending only 2 minutes searching i've came up with the above (and there's lots more posts where you mention Aberdeen btw). 

11 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

I'd love you to show me some of these bitter posts. Shouldn't be too difficult. Thing is they don't exist.

I'm a grown man I don't hate another football team. I barley even watch my own team these days.

As i said above, i don't really care, just calling it as i see it. 

That's being bitter is it? Most of them are replies to topics involving ICT and Aberdeen. Mentioning the word Aberdeen isn't bitterness. 

One of those quotes you posted looks like it was in reply to someone saying all Inverness fans are huns. Now I can't remember who it was but surely they would be the bitter and immature one?

12 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

That's being bitter is it? Most of them are replies to topics involving ICT and Aberdeen. Mentioning the word Aberdeen isn't bitterness. 

One of those quotes you posted looks like it was in reply to someone saying all Inverness fans are huns. Now I can't remember who it was but surely they would be the bitter and immature one?

As i said, i'm only calling it as i see it. 

We can agree to disagree :ok: