Skye - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Skye

joecraigfanclub

I am going to Skye for a couple of nights in April with a German couple I know. Having just had a look at the eye watering prices for accommodation around Portree on the Friday and Saturday nights, if anyone can recommend somewhere I would be very grateful. I don't really want to stay in a B+B unless its necessary, a personal foible, but if needs must, any recommendations accepted.

also, any tips for places in Inverness though Jurys is looking favourite at £50 a night at the moment 

Camp. It's the best way, I too am heading to Skye around the 18th, get a tent go to Sligachan canpsite. The facilities for £7.50 a night are good and theres a really good pub/restaurant across the road! 

13 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Camp. It's the best way, I too am heading to Skye around the 18th, get a tent go to Sligachan canpsite. The facilities for £7.50 a night are good and theres a really good pub/restaurant across the road! 

Sorry but camping is even lower down my list of possible places to stay than a B+B. Not my idea of a good time.