Street Stall Selling Pork - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Street Stall Selling Pork

17 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Did anyone else get the sausage with a slice of bread?? What were you meant to do with it? You couldn't fold it round the sausage because it just broke away, there was no marge or butter on it so couldn't make it into a sandwhich

Madness!!

Think your ment tae huv some mustard / ketchup and dip the breed in. Tried the fried breed wae the garlic and cheese absolutely stinking o garlic aw night :lol:

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

The wife had the cheese & tomato bread. I tried the herby potato rosti.......grease alert !!!! :yikes3:

I could have done with that on matchday morning, nothing better than a greasy feed the morning after the night before

Edited by DoonTheSlope

33 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Did anyone else get the sausage with a slice of bread?? What were you meant to do with it? You couldn't fold it round the sausage because it just broke away, there was no marge or butter on it so couldn't make it into a sandwhich

Madness!!

You'll know better next time to take some morning rolls with you. :D

I carried out extensive research into the Czech sausages and can confirm that the spicy herbed option was the best.

A chimney strudel was attempted on Friday morning, probably not my best idea. Bit stodgy after the first couple of bites but you live and learn.

Stick to beer next time.

25 minutes ago, captain said:

I carried out extensive research into the Czech sausages and can confirm that the spicy herbed option was the best.

A chimney strudel was attempted on Friday morning, probably not my best idea. Bit stodgy after the first couple of bites but you live and learn.

Stick to beer next time.

Didnae try the chimney thing but it jist looked like a doughnut consistency 

18 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Those sugary round pastry things with nutella were nice.

Trdelnik.... my wife has a mega sweet tooth, so she loves these things (I do not and one bite is about as much as I can handle)... You get them right across Eastern Europe, but where the Czech seem to view them as a all year round delight, most other cultures (Ukraine for example) view them more as Easter and Christmas things. You get them in Christmas markets in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Edited by wanderer

12 hours ago, jock strap said:

Tried the big spicy sausage in a baguette and the ckicken kebab on the skewer, both from the stalls on Old Town Square.

Both very nice indeed. :ok:

Wiz kinda feart o the chicken kebabs they jist didnae look cooked 

12 hours ago, wanderer said:

You get them right across Eastern Europe, but where the Czech seem to view them as a all year round delight, most other cultures (Ukraine for example) view them more as Easter and Christmas things.

The only place you get them all year round in Czech Republuc is in central Prague. It's purely a money spinner aimed at tourists.

10 hours ago, wubbs said:

The only place you get them all year round in Czech Republuc is in central Prague. It's purely a money spinner aimed at tourists.

One of my guides in Prague says her grandmother is from a town on the Czech/Slovak border, and she makes them all the time, and its sort of the "national dish" of the town.

On 3/28/2016 at 7:27 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Madness!!

I seen a lad at HT looking at it in a state of confusion haha. He had no idea how to correctly consume it either :blink::lol:

On 3/29/2016 at 0:28 PM, peever1745 said:

Aye the food in the Old Square was pricey but very tastey.I also had a Fillet Steak in the Dubliner that was just awsome

I had a hot dog from the square on the day of the game and it was brilliant. My mate had a chicken kebab skewer with peppers and onions which got the thumbs up also. The night after the game I had the basket of fish and chips from the Dubliner whilst watching the Ireland & France games and it was fantastic!

Also had this sort of chicken casserole at about 3am from a little all night takeaway which was superb. Not that you can far go wrong with chicken, carrots, onions, peppers and white sauce mind you...