Dubliners total rip off - Page 2 - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dubliners total rip off

13 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

We had some of the green beer yesterday & that was only 49CZK.

Tried the green beer the other day it wiz ok cheapest beer I've had so far was 29kc in a wee bar near the Charles Bridge 

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Absolutely spot on!  Now, Dublin...that was great for Irish pubs, but sometimes I think that some TA would boycott an away match if there wasn't an Irish pub in the venue city.

agree.

On 24 March 2016 at 1:52 PM, scott7 0 said:

Head up toward the ground a bit early and youll not be able to find a bar that will have a beer over 40kc.

I stayed near the ground. Found a wee bar full of local students and paid 32kc for a pint. 

Don't know what their licensing hours are, but I went in at 2330 on the night of the game. If that were Falkirk on a Thursday night the door would either have been locked or it would have been last orders when I walked in. The place was still going strong when i left at 0130. B)

Don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist. If people are in a boozer, having a good time and are happy to pay the price for a pint the on all good. If you don't like it then go somewhere else. I enjoyed the dubliner. Not because I thought it was good value or because I love plastic paddy pubs just because I met sound people and enjoyed myself. If you enjoyed being elsewhere and paying less all good everyone happy. Don't see the point in moaning about it tbh. You didn't like it so went elsewhere. Not a drama

1 hour ago, baron von marlon said:

Don't understand why people get their knickers in a twist. If people are in a boozer, having a good time and are happy to pay the price for a pint the on all good. If you don't like it then go somewhere else. I enjoyed the dubliner. Not because I thought it was good value or because I love plastic paddy pubs just because I met sound people and enjoyed myself. If you enjoyed being elsewhere and paying less all good everyone happy. Don't see the point in moaning about it tbh. You didn't like it so went elsewhere. Not a drama

Good post.

Anymore common sense posts like this, and you'll get a name for yourself :lol:

On 25 March 2016 at 9:53 AM, Hampden Diehard said:

Absolutely spot on!  Now, Dublin...that was great for Irish pubs, but sometimes I think that some TA would boycott an away match if there wasn't an Irish pub in the venue city.

You and everyone else that criticise other about where or what they drink just off. My money my choice 

5 minutes ago, tam4ritchie said:

You and everyone else that criticise other about where or what they drink just off. My money my choice 

12 hours ago, baron von marlon said:

Wee bit more diplomatic that my reply but I'm sick of people having a go at others about what they sing, what they wear, and where and what they drink 

12 hours ago, baron von marlon said:

I enjoyed it too. We had no intention of heading there (been before) but we were passing at a time when a lot of other places were shut or shutting and decided to go in. Place was packed, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was easy enough to get served at the bar. The prices, as far as I could tell, were reasonable for a bar in a tourist area. Plus, we met lots of people we all know, had a good laugh and no-one got hurt or murdered while we were there. Can't really see what there is to moan about. Everyone on a TA trip knows what Irish bars are all about. If you don't like them, just steer clear.

On another note - surprised no-one has mentioned (that I can see) the over-the-top 'security' screening before they let you into the ground on Thursday. It was easier and quicker to get through security at Gatwick, Charleroi and Prague airports combined than to get into the ground.

10 hours ago, Khana Lagur said:

I enjoyed it too. We had no intention of heading there (been before) but we were passing at a time when a lot of other places were shut or shutting and decided to go in. Place was packed, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and it was easy enough to get served at the bar. The prices, as far as I could tell, were reasonable for a bar in a tourist area. Plus, we met lots of people we all know, had a good laugh and no-one got hurt or murdered while we were there. Can't really see what there is to moan about. Everyone on a TA trip knows what Irish bars are all about. If you don't like them, just steer clear.

On another note - surprised no-one has mentioned (that I can see) the over-the-top 'security' screening before they let you into the ground on Thursday. It was easier and quicker to get through security at Gatwick, Charleroi and Prague airports combined than to get into the ground.

Aye thought 2  times in about 15 feet was a bit excessive.. 

Edited by Mark frae Crieff
forgot the 2...

On 26 March 2016 at 11:38 AM, tam4ritchie said:

Wee bit more diplomatic that my reply but I'm sick of people having a go at others about what they sing, what they wear, and where and what they drink 

Emmmm,excuse me,but you do realise this is "THE TARTAN ARMY",strict rules must be adhered to at all times and you're an outcast if you do anything out with these rules. 

Think you need to take a long hard look at yourself before you even consider going "ON TOUR" again :D 

On 31/03/2016 at 9:48 PM, Robroysboy said:

Was in the Dubliner,  on match day.

live entertainment from ted "better than elvis" christopher. I was happy to pay the 75 krona a pint.

Great wee venue. Had a ball.

likewise brian had a great day

On 26/03/2016 at 10:04 PM, Mark frae Crieff said:

Aye thought 2  times in about 15 feet was a bit excessive.. 

It was the SFA G4 guy that pissed me off.Whats in your bag? A flag. Lets see it? I ask why and was told he wanted to see what was written on it. Ah says I you want to check for political sloggans. Yes says he.Well get yirsel tae fcuk yir no getting tae see it .

6 minutes ago, peever1745 said:

It was the SFA G4 guy that pissed me off.Whats in your bag? A flag. Lets see it? I ask why and was told he wanted to see what was written on it. Ah says I you want to check for political sloggans. Yes says he.Well get yirsel tae fcuk yir no getting tae see it .

I'm excited for your memoirs.