Weird actions by Scotland players - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weird actions by Scotland players

giblet

On 4/14/2016 at 2:27 PM, mcnpauls said:

Totally agree: Gough at right back was superb for us, and with McLeish, Miller and Malpas alongside him, we had an awesome defence. Pity the rest of the areas of the team weren't as dependable in those days.

Best Scotland defence ever... Don't think it will ever be beat.

On 3/21/2016 at 3:01 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Naismith, Maloney and Steven Fletcher are very guilty of that.

Our players just don't have the skills to shepherd the ball into the box for an easy tap in. We have to be ruthless and test the keeper.

Maloney? all his recent goals have been outside the box, or shots from there, Ireland, Georgia a few free kicks, 

33 minutes ago, stocky said:

Maloney? all his recent goals have been outside the box, or shots from there, Ireland, Georgia a few free kicks, 

The goals he scored are welcome but the fact remains he has arsed up plenty of good chances to score even more though.

Can think of lots of occasions throughout his Scotland career where he's been in great positions to shoot but either completely froze or tried to dribble the ball over the line and was easily dispossessed or played a sideways or backwards pass he didn't have to make and ended an attack. 

In fairness he's not the only one - Steven Fletcher and Naismith are very guilty too.

As I said earlier I'm not advocating just blindly blasting away at the other teams goal from thirty yards out but our forwards don't have the skill to waltz around other teams defenders with the ball glued to their feet. They have to start putting their foot through it when a chance comes along and stop trying for tap ins.

Matt Ritchie has the right idea.

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 1:40 PM, aaid said:

He wasn't even booked as the referee missed it.  He got a six match retrospective ban and that finished his career. It was a weird one right enough, totally out of character.

The ban was appealed and reduced to 3 games which meant he could have played in the World Cup...had we qualified. 

On 21/03/2016 at 1:40 PM, aaid said:

He wasn't even booked as the referee missed it.  He got a six match retrospective ban and that finished his career. It was a weird one right enough, totally out of character.

I remember him being quite flippant about it when he was interviewed after the game, saying something along the lines of 'ach, he'll be fine, he'll be in the bar with the rest of them later'.

Matt Elliott forearm smashing a Faroese player in the face was a pretty inexplicable thing to do too.  He was, quite rightly, sent off for that one, which meant we had to play over half the match with 10 men and the Faroes ended up equalising late on.

On 4/17/2016 at 9:36 PM, binobear said:

Our current captain paying thousands for a haircut transplant then shaving it all off? 

Who's that? Brown never had a hair transplant, he just always shaved his head as far as i am aware. Even when he had  shaved head you could still see he had a decent hairline.

12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Who's that? Brown never had a hair transplant, he just always shaved his head as far as i am aware. Even when he had  shaved head you could still see he had a decent hairline.

Yeah thats what I thought too