Davis Cup Tennis - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Tennis

irnbruman

23 hours ago, Parklife said:

Davis cup crowds in all countries are boisterous and rowdy. It's more like a football crowd than a tennis crowd. The GB fans are always outstanding. The Argentina fans this weekend were immense too. 

I'm sure it's the Last Night of the Proms vibe he's objecting to.  I find it a bit off-putting myself but as he says, wish them well enough. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

I'm sure it's the Last Night of the Proms vibe he's objecting to.  I find it a bit off-putting myself but as he says, wish them well enough. 

There's no "last night of the proms stuff". There's just folk with Union Jacks, which is the flag of the country playing. I don't like it either but it won't stop me supporting Andy and Jamie and their team. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

There's no "last night of the proms stuff". There's just folk with Union Jacks, which is the flag of the country playing. I don't like it either but it won't stop me supporting Andy and Jamie and their team. 

Me either.  The sight of David Mundell and John Bercow waving Union Jacks leaves me a little cold is all, no biggie.

• 4 months later...