Davis Cup Tennis - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Tennis

irnbruman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a load of shite but noticed this in the gossip column today

And Glasgow is likely to be the Davis Cup semi-final venue, with Andy Murray due to host a charity event in the city a few days after the 16-18 September dates. (Various)

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I wondered this last year, how do they determine if someone gets the final at home or not?

It goes by where the teams last met. France played GB at Queens club last year. GB visited Croatia three years ago. So the venue is reversed the next time the countries meet.

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It goes by where the teams last met. France played GB at Queens club last year. GB visited Croatia three years ago. So the venue is reversed the next time the countries meet.

have to call a pedant alert here Mr Poke, GB aint a Country,......  ;-) ^_^ 

On 7/19/2016 at 8:53 PM, Toepoke said:

Alert accepted sir. Maybe we'll get a Scottish Davis Cup team one day...

And if that happened in the next two years, Would Scotland retain the UK's position in the World Group with RUK starting again at the bottom, or vice versa? 

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, August 05, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Angus_Young said:

Cheers sir. I have a chance of a ticket but can only make the Friday. Can anyone remind me what the order of play is? 

2 singles matches on Friday, doubles on Saturday, reverse singles on Sunday.

On August 8, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Angus_Young said:

Perfect cheers. Probably be a decent day to go then. 

They're all decent days to go, to be honest. Plus, on Friday, you'll definitely get two meaningful matches. 

15 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Aye thats what I was thinking. Are you going up? 

If I can get tickets, then I'll be there. :ok: 

All the Jonny come latelys will be blocking my path though. Where were they when we played USA in Glasgow last year?!? Gloryhunters!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

If I can get tickets, then I'll be there. :ok: 

All the Jonny come latelys will be blocking my path though. Where were they when we played USA in Glasgow last year?!? Gloryhunters!! :lol:

Haha in fairness I think I was saying to you last year I wanted to go. 

Point taken though :)

17 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Haha in fairness I think I was saying to you last year I wanted to go. 

Point taken though :)

I'm just winding you up :lol: 

I went to the USA match in Glasgow last year.  Great occasion despite the Billy brit stuff.  All of that is particularly entertaining when you get to watch guys in Union Jack suits wandering around Parkhead at nine o'clock on a Friday night.... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 6:54 AM, Toepoke said:

If we get another Murray - Del Potro game like in Rio it'll certainly be the greatest match ever played in Scotland! 

I'm not so sure.  Me and the missus have started playing on the concrete courts at Victoria Park and it can get pretty feisty at times.  We had an 8 shot rally the other day!!

And yes, she won the point!

On 8/12/2016 at 7:06 AM, biffer said:

I went to the USA match in Glasgow last year.  Great occasion despite the Billy brit stuff.  All of that is particularly entertaining when you get to watch guys in Union Jack suits wandering around Parkhead at nine o'clock on a Friday night.... 

haha, i was there too and thought the same! 

It;s close to Bridgeton right enough.....