Jokes - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any interest? A friend of mine bought a ticket for the Champions League Cup Final and didn't realize that it was on the same day as his wedding so he cannot go. If you're interested, this fiancée's name is Amy and the church is St. Thomas's. Everything is paid, you just have to show up.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, TDYER63 said:

Aye, all that holidaying takes it toll. 

Btw have you been invited to @davierobbsagod sons wedding after party up the hill in BoW ? I will be ragin if you got an invite and I never. 

I have no say in who is invited to the post wedding thingy all I have to do is turn up with his 3 brothers in one piece and supply the homemade limoncello

On 5/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, davierobbsagod said:

I have no say in who is invited to the post wedding thingy all I have to do is turn up with his 3 brothers in one piece and supply the homemade limoncello

Homemade limincello?  Thats quite impressive Davie. I doubt I could get my husband to supply anything other than a bottle opener .
Surely as father of the groom you have some say. I will bring Flure along if you need a guarantor . He is well respected and will cost me no more than a bottle of Malbec. I might even get away with Pinot as its a Sunday and off peak hours. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Homemade limincello?  Thats quite impressive Davie. I doubt I could get my husband to supply anything other than a bottle opener .
Surely as father of the groom you have some say. I will bring Flure along if you need a guarantor . He is well respected and will cost me no more than a bottle of Malbec. I might even get away with Pinot as its a Sunday and off peak hours. 

This is spooky now unless I've mentioned it in other threads...malbec is my usual choice of tipple apart from sundays when I switch to pinot grigio as its "less" alcoholic than the malbec and mondays are one of the 2 days I work so I feel better for it...

1 hour ago, davierobbsagod said:

This is spooky now unless I've mentioned it in other threads...malbec is my usual choice of tipple apart from sundays when I switch to pinot grigio as its "less" alcoholic than the malbec and mondays are one of the 2 days I work so I feel better for it...

Philistine. Pinot Noir and Albariño are where it's at.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:16 PM, davierobbsagod said:

Monday is one of the 2 days you work? I would be upping the percentage proof just to get through a Monday , not dropping it. 

I never knew you were a malbec/pinot grigio guy. Malbec is just a safe guess. Dont listen to killae, he will no be happy you make your own lemincello, he is a bit of a food and drink buff himself. 

Anyway stop digressing from the party . What entertainment is there? Should I bring a pack of cards ? My husband has a big bag of £2 coins I could sneak out for bets. He thinks they are worth £30k as some folk on ebay are selling similar coins . He watches over them like the giant in Jack and the Beanstalk .

Maybe karaoke would be safer .