drinking in the streets - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

drinking in the streets

Robroysboy

Been to Prague before and can't recall any issues with this but thought I would be worth clarifying.

Can any of the prague based Scots based ( wubbs) advise on police attitude towards drinking in the streets.

Do they have drunk tanks like poland ?

Edited by Robroysboy

56 minutes ago, Robroysboy said:

Cheers and don't know if this has been asked before. What's the weather usually like in march ?

Warmer than scotland. ?

Difficult to predict. Think March was decent last year (or at least there were some decent days around 20 degrees), whereas a few years back in was snowing. Beer gardens and outside seating areas will still be closed though.

Drinking in the streets - no real need to other than when on the Square, which is then tolerated as long as all are within order, note that various restaurants/bars wont allow you to use the toilets unless you buy or pay something, so always good to have some coinage in the sporran. There is a public toilet off the square up an ally again this is chargeable at 5kc IIRC,

As for Weather - We are having a particularly warm winter over here, that said its still a bit parky at times and could turn colder at any time. Yesterday it was 12c and this week we will get snow and temps down to 0c - bring a extra t-shirt to be on the safe side.

Edited by scott7 0

Just now, scott7 0 said:

Drinking in the streets - no real need to other than when on the Square, which is then tolerated as long as all are within order, note that various restaurants/bars wont allow you to use the toilets unless you buy or pay something, so always good to have some coinage in the sporran. There is a public toilet off the square up an ally again this is chargeable at 5kc IIRC,

As for Weather - We are having a particularly warm winter over here, that said its still a bit parky at times and could turn colder at any time. Yesterday it was 12c and this week we will get snow and temps down to 0c - bring a extra t-shirt to be on the safe side.

Cheers.

Don't like paying fir toilets if I am a customer. That was one thing I didn't like about the bars in Amsterdam.

Hoping for some mild weather. Fingers crossed 

i live here and was advised that the laws changed a few years ago and you can't drink in the centre. reality is - they have little market stalls that sell beer and i've never seen it enforced so if there's a crowd there's little to no chance of anyone getting in trouble (who's actually going to pay a fine anyway?)

13 minutes ago, fraserwfraser said:

i live here and was advised that the laws changed a few years ago and you can't drink in the centre. reality is - they have little market stalls that sell beer and i've never seen it enforced so if there's a crowd there's little to no chance of anyone getting in trouble (who's actually going to pay a fine anyway?)

Lets test your theory on Saturday, mon the Dukla.

The Prague City drinking ban is aimed at the general public, not just select few events such as stag parties, birthdays, etc.  But anyone from Prague or anyone who frequently visits the city will tell you they’ll be the ones who are usually stopped by the police. Until now police have mostly let street drinkers get away with it unless you’re too noisy. The public drinking ban is in effect mostly at main tourist spots.