Bus From Paris To Metz - Page 2 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bus From Paris To Metz

Gary Stirling

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Gary Stirling said:

Flights down to £90 return, 9am GLA - CDG on the 4th and returning 7.30am 5th.

These are the flights I am enquiring about a coach/minibus for.

Might be tempted to book at this price so would be interested in a seat on your minibus if it goes ahead Gary.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/02/2016 at 9:14 PM, Scot_Singh said:

For some reason it is quoting the above post even though I've only said reply!

I have received two quotes for minibuses so far.

2,090 euros for a 19 seater (110 each)

1,659 euros for a 16 seater (103 each)

Seems very pricey to me compared to the quotes I was getting for a 50 seater!

What do you all think? One way or the other we all need to get back for the 7.30 flight.

Would it be easier/cheaper if we hired two 9 seaters from an actual rental place and someone offer to drive?

Thanks,

Gary

On 3/3/2016 at 2:42 PM, Gary Stirling said:

For some reason it is quoting the above post even though I've only said reply!

I have received two quotes for minibuses so far.

2,090 euros for a 19 seater (110 each)

1,659 euros for a 16 seater (103 each)

Seems very pricey to me compared to the quotes I was getting for a 50 seater!

What do you all think? One way or the other we all need to get back for the 7.30 flight.

Would it be easier/cheaper if we hired two 9 seaters from an actual rental place and someone offer to drive?

Thanks,

Gary

There is no much price difference between a 50 or 25 (or less) seater. That's why you should go for the biggest one!

1 hour ago, killie97 said:

Is the bus def going ahead, if so I would be interested (1 seat)

I'll hold off booking my flights until I hear if bus is going ahead

4 hours ago, killie97 said:

Is the bus def going ahead, if so I would be interested (1 seat)

Hi killie97, 

Bus is definitely going ahead, only part not sure about is how much it's going to cost us, numbers are slowly getting better though.

Will give everyone another week to see if we can get a few more and if not will book with what we have.

We will have 18 including yourself with another 5 going one way and another 3 going one way the other way.

Will also confirm this week with coach companies hopefully if they ever get back to me and decide what one we are going with.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, Gary Stirling said:

Hi killie97, 

Bus is definitely going ahead, only part not sure about is how much it's going to cost us, numbers are slowly getting better though.

Will give everyone another week to see if we can get a few more and if not will book with what we have.

We will have 18 including yourself with another 5 going one way and another 3 going one way the other way.

Will also confirm this week with coach companies hopefully if they ever get back to me and decide what one we are going with.

Cheers.

Great Gary, I'll get flights booked. Graham

I have received a quote from Standing Euro Tours Paris for a 24 seater for 1959 euros.

I have the following people included in my numbers, please let me know ASAP if you no longer require them.

Gary Stirling - 1

Binobear - 2

Anfield'77 - 2

Maradona75 - 2

Shugbarr - 3

Burnsy84 - 3

Stevie the scot - 2

Jaggy dwg - 2

Killie97 - 1

bbfi65 - 1

Total = 19

Jackhayes17 - 5 (one way to Metz)

Scot_singh - 3 (one way to CDG)

This would mean the bus is full on the way to Metz but 2 seats spare if anyone needed back to CDG.

Based on the current numbers of 24 & 22, I think the fairest way of calculating the price would be to split the costs in to two mini trips, 980 euros between 24 to Metz and 980 euros between 22 coming back, which would be 85 euros for a return trip, 41 euros for one way to Metz and 44 euros for one way to CDG.

This is around £68 - £70 each, hope everyone is ok with that, it's the best I could do unfortunately with the numbers involved.

I have went back to them and asked for payment arrangements and will let you all know, expecting a 50% deposit probably with balance 1 to 2 weeks before.

If you have any thoughts then please feel free to share.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Gary Stirling said:

I have received a quote from Standing Euro Tours Paris for a 24 seater for 1959 euros.

I have the following people included in my numbers, please let me know ASAP if you no longer require them.

Gary Stirling - 1

Binobear - 2

Anfield'77 - 2

Maradona75 - 2

Shugbarr - 3

Burnsy84 - 3

Stevie the scot - 2

Jaggy dwg - 2

Killie97 - 1

bbfi65 - 1

Total = 19

Jackhayes17 - 5 (one way to Metz)

Scot_singh - 3 (one way to CDG)

This would mean the bus is full on the way to Metz but 2 seats spare if anyone needed back to CDG.

Based on the current numbers of 24 & 22, I think the fairest way of calculating the price would be to split the costs in to two mini trips, 980 euros between 24 to Metz and 980 euros between 22 coming back, which would be 85 euros for a return trip, 41 euros for one way to Metz and 44 euros for one way to CDG.

This is around £68 - £70 each, hope everyone is ok with that, it's the best I could do unfortunately with the numbers involved.

I have went back to them and asked for payment arrangements and will let you all know, expecting a 50% deposit probably with balance 1 to 2 weeks before.

If you have any thoughts then please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Hi Gary, we will no longer need our spaces on the bus - driving through instead. Cheers