Bus From Paris To Metz - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bus From Paris To Metz

Gary Stirling

I noticed a few people asking about a possible bus from Paris to Metz.

This is the best option for me as I would like to get in and out in 1 day for as cheap as possible.

The flight I'm intending on getting is the 9am Glasgow to Paris on Saturday 4th June and return flight is 7.30am Sunday 5th (this is what causes the issue as the first train to Paris from Metz is not early enough, also the last train on the Saturday night from what I can see is 6pm!) this is currently £128 with Air France.

I got a quote for a 50 seater coach picking up from Charles de Gaulle airport at 1pm on the Saturday, taking us through to Metz and dropping us off in the City Centre and then picking us up from the Stadium at 11.30pm and taking us back to the airport, bear in mind it's around 3-4 hours drive each way.

The quote is for 2,827 euros, this equals 56 euros per person which is around £44.

If there is enough interest I will look into getting it booked, it is 30% deposit on booking with the balance 15 days before.

First time looking into this kind of thing so sorry if it's a load of rubbish!

Cheers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Padre Andrew said:

Stuff that.  We're on the Transavia flight from Edinburgh on Friday.

We need a bus about 5pm from Orly, returning Sunday afternoon.

We're on the same one on the Friday as well - I looked at Google maps and its saying about 3 hours for that trip.

We're happy to travel into Paris Gare De Nord and walk round to Gare L'Est for the quick train to Metz - should be no more than travelling by road and enough time to pick up a carry oot 

Edited by DeeRus

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, DeeRus said:

We're on the same one on the Friday as well - I looked at Google maps and its saying about 3 hours for that trip.

We're happy to travel into Paris Gare De Nord and walk round to Gare L'Est for the quick train to Metz - should be no more than travelling by road and enough time to pick up a carry oot 

4 of us on those flghts also, planning to get the train unless a bus is organised

29 minutes ago, Hobta83 said:

4 of us on those flghts also, planning to get the train unless a bus is organised

Nicely volunteered :lol:

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, ANFIELD'77 said:

Gary, another 2 on these flights. Would be very interested in coach  CDG - Metz - CDG. Keep us updated of any progress.

I'm looking to see how much a minibus with driver would be if there's a few of us on this flight.

Is everyone returning from Orly on the 18:25 flight to Edinburgh?

Car hire's not too expensive, but the hotel we're going to has no parking, and I don't know if I want the hassle.

2 hours ago, binobear said:

Brilliant, already booked these flights :mad: - never seen flight prices drop as a game gets closer.

Great price for those still to book.

I know, I've been keeping my eyes on them for a while and no lie the price went up and down within a few hours on Friday afternoon around 5 times and have then stayed at £90 all weekend.

I paid £128 I think a few weeks ago.

Waiting on a few companies getting back to me with a quote for a minibus because the numbers are so low, I think it's the way to go.