Julian Assange - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Julian Assange

23 hours ago, aaid said:

Apparently he was staging a dirty protest in the Ecuadorian embassy which, to me, doesn't strike me as the wisest course of action in not convincing your hosts to throw you out.

Front page of the sun today, going on about him being "whiffy leaks".

Classic smear.

51 minutes ago, Debian said:

Get it up the rapist bastard.  Hope the chop his cock off  

This is what it looks like when a thicko tries too hard to be a contrarian. 

I wasnt sure what the background to the rape /molestation charges were however if this is accurate I really have serious doubts about the claims by the 2 women. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2019/4/12/18306901/julian-assange-arrest-wikileaks-rape-sweden-embassy

The sex crime allegations against Assange stem from a visit he made to Stockholm in August 2010, a few months after WikiLeaks gained international notoriety by publishing material leaked by then-Army private and whistleblower Chelsea Manning about the US wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Assange was visiting Sweden to meet with a political group there; according to police documents viewed by the Guardian, Ardin said she set up his visit and hosted him in her apartment.

At her apartment, Ardin said he began stroking her leg, then removing her clothes, breaking her necklace in the process. She said she tried to put her clothes back on but he took them off again. She told police she then allowed Assange to undress her, because “it was too late to stop Assange as she had gone along with it so far.”

Assange tried to have unprotected sex with her, she said, but she asked him to use a condom. He agreed, but, she said, he had “done something” to the condom so that it ripped before he ejaculated.

Assange told police that he had sex with Ardin but did not tear the condom, according to the Guardian.

In the days that followed, Ardin told a friend that she was still allowing Assange to stay with her, but they were not having sex because he had “exceeded the limits of what she felt she could accept,” the friend told police.

Miss W met Assange at a seminar organized by Ardin, she told police. They later met up and went to her apartment, where they started to have sex. But Assange did not want to use a condom, Miss W said, so they stopped and eventually fell asleep. Later that night, she said, they woke up and had consensual sex, during which he “unwillingly” used a condom. But in the morning, Miss W said, she woke up to find Assange penetrating her without a condom.

Assange has denied any wrongdoing with respect to Miss W. A lawyer for Assange has not yet responded to Vox’s request for comment.

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wasnt sure what the background to the rape /molestation charges were however if this is accurate I really have serious doubts about the claims by the 2 women.

You do know that charges were dropped?  

6 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

You do know that charges were dropped?  

I thought only the molestation charge was dropped , due to the statute of limitations, but that the rape charge remained open as the statute of limitations on a rape case does not expire till 2020 ( 10yrs) after the charge was made ? Is that not why they are talking about extraditing to Sweden , as they are considering reopening it ? 

It's not even that. The CPS has "lost" all it's files on Assange, however the ones that did get uncovered show the CPS lying to Swedish authorities about procedure, and corralling them to keep the charges live. I posted it all on here somewhere at the time, mustn't have been in this thread though, will go and see if i can find it.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I thought only the molestation charge was dropped , due to the statute of limitations, but that the rape charge remained open as the statute of limitations on a rape case does not expire till 2020 ( 10yrs) after the charge was made ? Is that not why they are talking about extraditing to Sweden , as they are considering reopening it ? 

The actual charge is the woman says they had consensual sex and they actually hung around the next day tweeting etc, but subsequently she alleges that he deliberately compromised the condom , i.e. broke it, and she didn't consent to that.

Knowing how crazy humans are i wouldn't put much past any of them, but men having one night stands and secretly bursting the condom doesn't follow any pattern of behaviour i'm familiar with.

I don't like Julian Assange, never have.

When he first appeared on the scene I was very much wait and see... what fruit he bears then judge the tree.

I think wikileaks have been overall a disappointment.

This treatment of Assange however is up there with the Lockerbie trial, Lord Hutton's report... many other examples. This is nothing to do with justice. It is revolting. 

15 hours ago, phart said:

The actual charge is the woman says they had consensual sex and they actually hung around the next day tweeting etc, but subsequently she alleges that he deliberately compromised the condom , i.e. broke it, and she didn't consent to that.

Knowing how crazy humans are i wouldn't put much past any of them, but men having one night stands and secretly bursting the condom doesn't follow any pattern of behaviour i'm familiar with.

Thanks, yes it was an investigation into accusations of rape, not actual charges. It seems to have started with a concern about STD due to the broken condom and grown arms and legs .  

This Guardian article gives the timelines and more detail into the events leading up to the women’s visit to the police.

I am not saying there is no merit in the STD concern but it all seems a bit convenient that the women go initially to the police simply to try and get Assange to take an STD test and within 12 hours the media have it and eventually ends up in reported accusations of molestation and rape.

That is of course assuming this article is accurate. 

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/dec/17/julian-assange-sweden