Best Scottish Tv Programs - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Scottish Tv Programs

20 hours ago, stocky said:

Two Doors Down has been brilliant this year...   

Honestly ,give the second episode a watch, the one with the Colon Operation, and i guarantee you will have a laugh yir socks off minute .... 

The Christmas special was rubbish. Is the new series better ? 

51 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

The Christmas special was rubbish. Is the new series better ? 

Aye,  first one was burns night, was OK ,, then the Colon Op. that was funny, last week was the break in,  also funny   but no as guid as Colon....  IMO.....:ok::lol::lol:

On 19/02/2018 at 6:01 PM, stocky said:

Aye,  first one was burns night, was OK ,, then the Colon Op. that was funny, last week was the break in,  also funny   but no as guid as Colon....  IMO.....:ok::lol::lol:

I really enjoyed the first series, and also when Elaine C Smith first arrived, but I agree with Orraloon, it has become repetitive and the characters irritate me a bit now. 

That said, I am at an age where colons have become more interesting so may give it a watch 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 3:16 PM, exile said:

Ironically he plays a character who can't act,

Was looking at this again, there's a whole hour of it; it's the same joke more or less, so it must be carried by the acting (only a decent actor could play the part of a bad actor? compare with his co-stars...)

On 1/30/2016 at 6:03 PM, Heuch Moray said:

John Byrne's 'Your Cheatin' Heart' and Tutti Frutti. Hope Danny, Vincent, Bomba and Fud, Suzy Kettles, Mr Clockerty and Ms Toner stand the test of time.

Yes the characters truly live on even after 30? :o years - as if it was yesterday. Vincent and especially Eddie Clockerty and Ms (Miss?) Toner - whatever happened to her (the actress)? (The Glasgow cop in Shetland reminds me a bit of her, roughly)

I think I just saw it just once since the original showing - compared with today's programmes came across a bit slow paced - even nineties stuff seems slow these days, I guess - that's not to detract from it but just be prepared for it, get in the right frame of mind...

1 hour ago, exile said:

Yes the characters truly live on even after 30? :o years - as if it was yesterday. Vincent and especially Eddie Clockerty and Ms (Miss?) Toner - whatever happened to her (the actress)? (The Glasgow cop in Shetland reminds me a bit of her, roughly)

I think I just saw it just once since the original showing - compared with today's programmes came across a bit slow paced - even nineties stuff seems slow these days, I guess - that's not to detract from it but just be prepared for it, get in the right frame of mind...

I loved Tutti Frutti though forget most of it apart from the characters. One thing I do remember was the episode where Vincent was in hospital after getting stabbed. Hospital radio was coming over the tannoy in the ward and someone had put a request in for him. Mack the Knife then came on 😀 

Edited by TDYER63
D

13 hours ago, exile said:

She was even better in "Taking over the asylum". She has been in loads of stuff. Kate Murphy.

On 24/02/2018 at 12:40 AM, Stapes said:

Three pages and still no mention of Absolutely! Dearie me.

"That's C for Callum. A for... Allum."

"Stoneybridge. We've got a stoney bridge".

Callum returning his videos based on the titles is one of my favourite ever sketches. 

On 2/24/2018 at 12:40 AM, Stapes said:

Three pages and still no mention of Absolutely! Dearie me.

"That's C for Callum. A for... Allum."

"Stoneybridge. We've got a stoney bridge".

G for ... Gnome

L for ... Look at that Honda, didn't think they made thousands

H for ... erm canny think of anything for H

HONDA!

Aye its a beauty isn't it

:spin:

I've used the G for gnome at work many times much to my amusement only to receive funny looks.