Worst Scottish Tv Programs - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst Scottish Tv Programs

Stumbled across dozens of old episodes of "Take The High Road" on youtube the other day. Did people really watch that pish back in the day ?

And I had forgotten all about this pish until the other day. I give you "Snoddy" ......

Add gems such as "Athletico Partick", "Legit", "Only An Excuse" and "Happy Campers" to the list.

Any other contenders for the title of being the worst Scottish TV program ?

I do confess to being a "River City" fan though :blush:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about take the high road.Two other soaps that were utter mince Garnock way a ficticious place between glesca and embra.

One for the aulder hoors on hear ws stvs High Living, a soap about staying in a block of flats.they should have blown it up with them aw in it.

Talking about take the high road.Two other soaps that were utter mince Garnock way a ficticious place between glesca and embra.

One for the aulder hoors on hear ws stvs High Living, a soap about staying in a block of flats.they should have blown it up with them aw in it.

I looked that show up just there. It would appear that the STV execs actually agreed with you ! They wiped every single episode of it !

I vaguely recall Garnock Way - for some reason I thought it was in Ayrshire.

Just discovered there's a whole load of old episodes of Thingummyjig on youtube. I might be some time.

Fran and Anna singing Chanson d'amour here. Probably NSFW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=inVqMfzmkAA#t=281

My French teacher got snibbed on Thingymajig. He was sitting on a stack of hay holding hands wi his burd and his wife was watching it in the hoose.

My French teacher got snibbed on Thingymajig. He was sitting on a stack of hay holding hands wi his burd and his wife was watching it in the hoose.

It's even more brutal than I remembered it being. They've also got the follow up Shindig, with Sydney Devine, which defies description.

The name escapes me but it might have been called Crimedesk. A sort if pre Crimewatch grass yer neighbour affair with Bill Knox.

Always seemed to be cement mixers or JCBs getting nicked from building sites or neds in dark jerkins up to some nefarious skullduggery before making off on foot...

Edited by neil r

The name escapes me but it might have been called Crimedesk. A sort if pre Crimewatch grass yer neighbour affair with Bill Knox.

Always seemed to be cement mixers or JCBs getting nicked from building sites or neds in dark jerkins up to some nefarious skullduggery before making off on foot...

Generators and manhole covers were favourites as well.

It was called Tales of Crime, I think its where the term Ned first came into common parlance.

Generators and manhole covers were favourites as well.

It was called Tales of Crime, I think its where the term Ned first came into common parlance.

Oh good call but not quite there. A quick Google reveals Bill Knox did write a series called Tales of Crime but that was a series about (in)famous Scottish crime tales.

Crimedesk was infact called eh... Crimedesk.

The word ned has been on the go since Victorian times.