Pyro At The Fitba - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pyro At The Fitba

I would suggest that most of the people who don't like pyro, smoke bombs, ultras, singing sections etc are all the old khunts who had their fun in the 60's 70's and 80's when it was a free for all. You could get a carry out, take it to the game, you could buy fags and smoke them in the ground, you could stand for 90 minutes in stadiums that were full and you would pay almost ###### all for the enjoyment.

My Generation (born 1985) and after have been going to a diluted version of the football that you guys enjoyed 20/30 years ago. The atmosphere in scottish football has been tragic since I really started going to games regularly 15 years ago, aye there is odd game here and there thats great but in reality people go, sit for 90 minutes and go home.

The stadiums are empty which is as a result of high ticket prices, terrible kick off times and over the top policing. As a result of this, a lot of the young working class football fans that go to games now are interested in pyro's, smoke bombs and singing sections because they want the game to be an experience. You can't even go to an away game without the fear of the police jumping on the bus and taking away your carry out, every aspect of your journey is monitored and frankly it's unfair.

The movement towards a european style of supporting is nothing but a positive as far as I'm concerned. More Pyro, less old old codgers greeting.

What utter self indulgent pish.

I've been going to games since the late 70s and the atmosphere back then was patchy much as it is now. The bigger crowds help but it's basically down to folk actually putting some effort into making the atmosphere.

If you tried singing and putting some effort in then you wouldn't need fireworks.

I think it's down to too many pathetic wee Neds who can't do anything for themselves and need external stimulus to get excited.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pyoor ahm man. Look up Pyro Ultraboy oan googil and yill pure see pikchurs ae me un Mox un Toll Bridge TA givun it pyoor Danny Dyer makin un atmosphere in that like.

By equating anyone who is open minded about kids being kids and getting upto mischief with smokebombs at the football as being a thick ned you're adding nothing here.

Utter guff.

A few kids are influenced by European football on TV, and they think they're special because they set off a smoke bomb or two. No surprise that it involves Celtic fans, who love to copy 'trends' and love to be victims when they're told that they're actually ####in idiots.

Football is generally shite in this country because it's been killed by financial inequality and live TV. Setting off a flare and trying to be a martyr doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

I can't wait for the next European trend to arrive so Celtic fans can copy it. Let's hope it involves sticking your heads up each others arses.

Quite how you've managed to turn a discussion about pyro into Celtic fans and trends I have no idea. You're an odd fellow with a large chip on your shoulder.

Pyoor ahm man. Look up Pyro Ultraboy oan googil and yill pure see pikchurs ae me un Mox un Toll Bridge TA givun it pyoor Danny Dyer makin un atmosphere in that like.

It was originally American with 'you da man', then cockney with 'pwopa naughty' and now you've gone full Royston on us. Such a varied range of language and dialect, you're a very talented individual.

What utter self indulgent pish.

I've been going to games since the late 70s and the atmosphere back then was patchy much as it is now. The bigger crowds help but it's basically down to folk actually putting some effort into making the atmosphere.

If you tried singing and putting some effort in then you wouldn't need fireworks.

I think it's down to too many pathetic wee Neds who can't do anything for themselves and need external stimulus to get excited.

I don't think it's self indulgent at all or if it comes across as that, then I didn't mean for it to. I'm just trying to paint a picture of why I believe this is becoming more prevalent amongst a different generation of supporters.

The other thing I would take issue with us the calling of anyone doing this as 'pathetic neds who can't do anything for themselves and need external stimulus to get excited' that is just nonsense and sums up the attitude of the older generation I mentioned earlier.

I would suggest that most of the people who don't like pyro, smoke bombs, ultras, singing sections etc are all the old khunts who had their fun in the 60's 70's and 80's when it was a free for all. You could get a carry out, take it to the game, you could buy fags and smoke them in the ground, you could stand for 90 minutes in stadiums that were full and you would pay almost ###### all for the enjoyment.

My Generation (born 1985) and after have been going to a diluted version of the football that you guys enjoyed 20/30 years ago. The atmosphere in scottish football has been tragic since I really started going to games regularly 15 years ago, aye there is odd game here and there thats great but in reality people go, sit for 90 minutes and go home.

The stadiums are empty which is as a result of high ticket prices, terrible kick off times and over the top policing. As a result of this, a lot of the young working class football fans that go to games now are interested in pyro's, smoke bombs and singing sections because they want the game to be an experience. You can't even go to an away game without the fear of the police jumping on the bus and taking away your carry out, every aspect of your journey is monitored and frankly it's unfair.

The movement towards a european style of supporting is nothing but a positive as far as I'm concerned. More Pyro, less old old codgers greeting.

You go to watch something, and someone brings a thick smoke. That's Trigger level of glaikitness

EDIT: Obviously folk can amuse themselves how they wish, but obscuring the view of the thing everyone came to watch does seem exclusive to football fans in spectating, as far as i know.

Edited by phart

The people who do it and think it's acceptable are neds no matter what you think. That's why it is a tiny minority. There will always be neds but if the authorities can ban them and give them massive fines then football will be a better place and be able to attract more decent fans.

I don't think it's self indulgent at all or if it comes across as that, then I didn't mean for it to. I'm just trying to paint a picture of why I believe this is becoming more prevalent amongst a different generation of supporters.

The other thing I would take issue with us the calling of anyone doing this as 'pathetic neds who can't do anything for themselves and need external stimulus to get excited' that is just nonsense and sums up the attitude of the older generation I mentioned earlier.

You may not be intending coming across as self indulgent but you are.

The world is not a worse place for football fans now, in fact it's much better.

It's people's belief that they have an entitlement to be allowed to do what they like that has changes.

I wrote out something last night then again this morning, I keep deleting it though as i'd feel bad about posting it.

I'm unable to convey how vacant an action i think it is without viciously attacking folks character,cognitive ability,attention span and narcissism.

I wrote out something last night then again this morning, I keep deleting it though as i'd feel bad about posting it.

I'm unable to convey how vacant an action i think it is without viciously attacking folks character,cognitive ability,attention span and narcissism.

I don't think anyone on here actually sets off "pyros" at the football.

Just some people think it's harmless enough and don't really mind it happening.

Others think it's a matter of time until someone has an eye out or grown man wets himself so badly he drowns all the kids in the family section.

You may not be intending coming across as self indulgent but you are.

The world is not a worse place for football fans now, in fact it's much better.

It's people's belief that they have an entitlement to be allowed to do what they like that has changes.

I don't disagree with most of what you've said bar the self indulgent bit. I am just trying to put across the reasons why it's happening. The experience of a football match has changed dramatically in recent years. The fact is that football fans in general are treated like shit, all the way from prices and kick off times to the experience in the stadium and people have had enough.

There is also a danger that people equate pyros/smoke bombs with casuals running about in stone island and gazelles having running battles with opposition fans when that couldn't be further from the truth.

The casual movement was another thing that the 70/80's generation started and is certainly a factor in the way football fans are treated now. The current pyro/ultra stuff is symptom of all the fun being sucked out of going to football as far as I can see.

Edited by Mox

I don't think anyone on here actually sets off "pyros" at the football.

Just some people think it's harmless enough and don't really mind it happening.

Others think it's a matter of time until someone has an eye out or grown man wets himself so badly he drowns all the kids in the family section.

If I go to watch something and someone keeps deliberately obscuring my view, i find that pretty annoying. I'm projecting on here somewhat as i've "interacting" or rather reading the justifications of the folk at the Rose game. So no one is making the argument here i've read some pretty stupid ones.

"you only miss 10 seconds and smoke doesn't hurt you" "if you don't like the smoke just move to other part of ground"

EDIT: If missing 10 seconds of the game in a safe environment isn't a big deal, let me blood choke you then, you'll miss 10 seconds of the game and come out unharmed, imagine their greeting faces if i popped up behind them and slept them. Don't like it buddy move to another seat.

Edited by phart

I don't disagree with most of what you've said bar the self indulgent bit. I am just trying to put across the reasons why it's happening. The experience of a football match has changed dramatically in recent years. The fact is that football fans in general are treated like shit, all the way from prices and kick off times to the experience in the stadium and people have had enough.

There is also a danger that people equate pyros/smoke bombs with casuals running about in stone island and gazelles having running battles with opposition fans when that couldn't be further from the truth.

The casual movement was another thing that the 70/80's generation started and is certainly a factor in the way football fans are treated now. The current pyro/ultra stuff is symptom of all the fun being sucked out of going to football as far as I can see.

All of your justifications are just excuses.

As Phart has said it obscures the very spectacle that you've paid to see.

It's just like the cretins who stand in the Family Section at Hampden.

You are blocking people from seeing the game. Your only justification is it adds atmosphere when a large number of people clearly say it doesn't.

You are trying to say there's no fun in going to the games. It begs the question, why go then?

The reason crowds are falling is because folk have found cheaper or better entertainment elsewhere. I won't comment on the quality of the football as that is open to disagreement. Unless clubs provide a cheaper or more rounded experience they'll die.

Eejits breaking the law game after game will only speed up the demise.

It also distracts from dealing with the bigger bigotry issue.

Your clearly twisting his words as it is obvious that he is saying that there is no fun in the stands, with very little singing apart from maybe in specific areas. You then say 'why go then?' Probably because he enjoys football, although like everyone wishes there was a better match experience within the stands as well as on the pitch

Your clearly twisting his words as it is obvious that he is saying that there is no fun in the stands, with very little singing apart from maybe in specific areas. You then say 'why go then?' Probably because he enjoys football, although like everyone wishes there was a better match experience within the stands as well as on the pitch

So you're saying he's going for the banter in the stand more than the game?

Go to the pub with your mates and watch the game there then.

While this post isn't specific to pyros.................

In the last 18 months I have attended 2 x Scotland home games, many Scottish League games in the top, 2nd top and bottom divisions, around 10 Premiership and Championship matches.

I have also attended 2 x Czech League games, 2 x Bundasliga matches both of which were what our press would have no doubt of termed as 'potential powderkeg' matches. Along with these I have been to 2 Rugby World Cup Matches and 3 Super League matches.

The difference in enjoyment as a spectator for the whole experience between the top lot and the latter lot I have listed was night and day with the top lot being a country mile behind the latter.

General atmosphere with fans mixing without fear of trouble outside the stadiums, atmosphere inside the ground, being able to have a pint inside the ground, standing areas and not being herded and treated like a con are among the main plus points in the latter list.

UK Football has a huge amount to learn, a massive amount.

In the last 18 months I have attended 2 x Scotland home games, many Scottish League games in the top, 2nd top and bottom divisions, around 10 Premiership and Championship matches.

I have also attended 2 x Czech League games, 2 x Bundasliga matches both of which were what our press would have no doubt of termed as 'potential powderkeg' matches. Along with these I have been to 2 Rugby World Cup Matches and 3 Super League matches.

The difference in enjoyment as a spectator for the whole experience between the top lot and the latter lot I have listed was night and day with the top lot being a country mile behind the latter.

General atmosphere with fans mixing without fear of trouble outside the stadiums, atmosphere inside the ground, being able to have a pint inside the ground, standing areas and not being herded and treated like a con are among the main plus points in the latter list.

I'd agree with all of this.

That's a great point!

I went to a rugby game earlier this year for the first time. Was a near sell out at murrayfield. The police and stewards were friendly and welcoming, we got a couple of pints and took them to our seats. I wasn't patted down on the way in, never had a video camera thrust in my face by the police. The stewards appeared to be there to help people find their seats and assist where necessary, not antagonise folk and needlessly create problems.

• 2 weeks later...