Scotland V England - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V England

Dillinger

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My takeaways -

Handling was terrible, especially in contact.

England's line speed, especially in the second half was frightening.

Scrum was solid, struggled though when England made the changes.

Lost a few line outs from non straight throwing. Schoolboy.

Hogg looked deadly when having room to run.

Positives, but you know when Scotland get the phases, we will inevitably knock on, or conceded a penalty (usually holding onto the ball after a tackle).

It will be tough next week in Cardiff (our record there is nearly as bad as at Twickenham).

Still can't wait for next weekend, love the craic in Cardiff.

J

I hate to say it but it looks like the annual humiliation that is the 6 nations has began.

I'm not sure sure, albeit disappointing result again.

The RWC may have been a turning point and I can see us picking up the odd win which would be an improvement on recent years.

I really fancied us today.I was positive for a win.but we just stuttered and Scotland of 6 nations of old crept back in.I really hope we can get something in Cardiff but I seriously think that is beyond us.

Edited by allyc

I really fancied us today.I was positive for a win.but we just stuttered and Scotland of 6 nations of old crept back in.I really hope we can get something in Cardiff but I seriously think that is beyond us.

So was I (quietly optimistic), but we still look better despite the result IMO - although I can't claim to be too up to speed on rugby.

Here we go again. Same old shit. They are never going to win matches making so many basic mistakes. England were pretty shit as well but just slightly less shit than us.

We have got Wales away, Italy away and Ireland away. I don't think we will win any of those. Our best chance to sneak a win might be at home to France. Wooden spoon again, I think.

The accents on show in Edinburgh tonight are just beyond the cringe...

The pubs are filled with tweed jacket wearing, Tory voting, nawbag, public schoolboy twats tonight.

They along with the SRU who publicly declared a "No Thanks" preference all have the cheek to Sing Flower of Scotland.

They are beyond parody and beneath contempt in my book

The game went to form I'm afraid. The backline never really clicked, only Hogg and (too a lesser extent Scott) looked really sharp. Bennett is a really good player, but was anonymous yesterday. The forwards competed well, but wilted badly when the changes were made, which was to be expected considering who was coming on. I imagine pretty much the same side will be given a second chance next week, but a few (particularly in the backs) will need to up their game.

Thought Hogg and our forwards were excellent. Struggled to compete after the changes. Ref didn't help, thought he cost us on a couple of occasions. Russell, Maitland and Seymour were poor. Too many basic handling errors throughout. England are very average and play little rugby. Played the percentage ball and tried to kill the game half way through second half. This was an opportunity missed.

Farrell is a despicable khunt.

They along with the SRU who publicly declared a "No Thanks" preference all have the cheek to Sing Flower of Scotland.

Well, that's a lie. A bunch of former players turned up at Murrayfield expecting to be allowed to use it to state their stance but they were locked out of the ground as the SRU refused to let them use it for political purposes.

Well, that's a lie. A bunch of former players turned up at Murrayfield expecting to be allowed to use it to state their stance but they were locked out of the ground as the SRU refused to let them use it for political purposes.

Was just about to say as much as I clearly remembered the SRU keeping its mouth shut.

J

Plenty of fitbaw players voted naw as well but that seems tae be glossed over.

I think Russell really has something a wee bit special(a bit like faddy if you like) but he didnae turn up yesterday.