Scottish Spaceport - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was Branson not looking at using on of the Scottish air bases as a spaceport for his virgin galaxy venture?

Not sure about it being in central Ayrshire though can't think where they would put it also there are a couple of existing runways that they could transform which I think would be better

Edited by hunchy

Was Branson not looking at using on of the Scottish air bases as a spaceport for his virgin galaxy venture?

Not sure about it being in central Ayrshire though can't think where they would put it also there are a couple of existing runways that they could transform which I think would be better

Prestwick.

They're well on with planning and licensing, this is likely to happen.

Phillipa Whitford is one of the best SNP MP's down there.

Extremely intelligent, down to earth, witty and I've noticed that she rarely uses notes when speaking at length.

It may seem far off now but space tourism will one day in the future be a big industry in a few select locations around the world.

It would be fantastic if we got Scotland a slice of the pie.

Prestwick.

They're well on with planning and licensing, this is likely to happen.

Don't realise Prestwick was central Ayrshire thought it came under south Ayrshire. It was one of the places I was thinking of along with macrahanish, raf lucars or raf kinloss

It's in South Ayrshire council area, but the Central Ayrshire constituency for Westminster.

An hence my condition. Too close to the unwashed for my liking they would be better moving it a few miles up the rd to a far nicer town with a football club that has won something lol

Don't realise Prestwick was central Ayrshire thought it came under south Ayrshire. It was one of the places I was thinking of along with macrahanish, raf lucars or raf kinloss

Machrahanish is another option as is Stornoway. The RAF bases aren't as the MOD isn't interested. Prestwick already has infrastructure there which gives it a lead on the other candidates (which also include Newquay and Llanbedyr in the arse end is west Wales).

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hmmm, I thought this story might generate some responses but wasn't expecting that.

Genesis 4:22 

And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain
Thought by many to be the same with Vulcan, his name and business agreeing; for the names are near in sound, Tubalcain may easily pass into Vulcan; and who, with the Heathens, was the god of the smiths, and the maker of Jupiter's thunderbolts, as this was an artificer in iron and brass, as follows: his name is compounded of two words, the latter of which was no doubt put into his name in memory of Cain his great ancestor; the former Josephus F21 reads Thobel, and says of him, that he exceeded all in strength, and had great skill in military affairs:

https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/genesis-4-22.html

In the Freemasonry they worship false gods/goddesses.   Tubalcain was a descendant of Cain who displeased God because he lacked faith (without faith it's impossble to please God Hebrews 11:6)

This world is run by religious nutters who worship non existant gods/goddesses and trust in their own good works.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Rocket launch site to be built on the Sutherland coast. Prestwick and Machrahanish potentially being developed for horizontal take-off spaceplanes....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-uk-first-spaceport-sutherland-uk-space-agency-a8448451.html

Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) will be given £2.5m from the UK government to develop the spaceport which could be up and running by the early 2020s.

Wait? Is that it? We could've easily done it as an independent country.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...