Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 191 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

BREAKING: The membership list of the white supremacist Oath Keepers leaked — and it includes over 80 Republican politicians, 370 police officers and sheriffs, and over 100 active-duty members of the US military

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The House has voted to remove Kevin McCarthy as speaker.

The result came after a nail-biting, but lengthy, roll call that required every member to put their choice on the record.

Some 216 members- including eight Republicans - voted to oust the Californian congressman from the Speaker's chair.

Another 210 representatives - all Republicans - voted to retain McCarthy.

This is a huge victory for the rebellious faction of right-wing Republicans led by Matt Gaetz

Why would the democrats all vote to oust him when it is the right wing republicans that want him out ?

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Why would the democrats all vote to oust him when it is the right wing republicans that want him out ?

Easy, republicans “club in crisis”.   

The right wing caucus won’t replace him with their own man, there is only about 10 of them.  So you’ll probably go through a few days - as happened when McCarthy was first elected after the election and it went to 15 rounds-  where the democrats nominate their own guy - and lose and the Republican candidate doesn’t get 50%.

It makes the Republicans look bad, which is the reason. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Easy, republicans “club in crisis”.   

The right wing caucus won’t replace him with their own man, there is only about 10 of them.  So you’ll probably go through a few days - as happened when McCarthy was first elected after the election and it went to 15 rounds-  where the democrats nominate their own guy - and lose and the Republican candidate doesn’t get 50%.

It makes the Republicans look bad, which is the reason. 

I see

Let's hope the public don't see it as Democracy in crisis as the USA is, if not a bawhair away, then ripe for Civil War or Dictatorship

• 1 month later...

I've always been puzzled, perhaps due to my long-standing anti-EU stance. Can someone clarify for me? The paradox of opposing the House of Lords but supporting the EU baffles me. Both unelected bodies seem resistant to reform. I'd argue that the EU Commission wields more power than the HoL. Seeking insights to reconcile these perspectives and broaden my understanding.

• 2 months later...

It isn't hyperbole to suggest America is ripe for Civil War

Trump could shite on their cornflakes and they would still vote for him

It's really worrying what lies ahead

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68266447

Once again, the headline does not reflect the actual context of the comments that were. More twisted BBC propaganda. 

Sometimes we are prepared to accept the propaganda, if it backs up our own personal views. At other times we see the same level of blatant propaganda as being despicable. Sometimes it just depends on whose side the propagandists are on.

Edited by Orraloon

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Once again, the headline does not reflect the actual context of the comments that were. More twisted BBC propaganda. 

Sometimes we are prepared to accept the propaganda, if it backs up our own personal views. At other times we see the same level of blatant propaganda as being despicable. Sometimes it just depends on whose side the propagandists are on.

Did you watch the video cause that is pretty much what he did say, is the video doctored?

in the context of a Russian attack

'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'... 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever they want. You gotta pay.'"

Them being Russia

here is headline

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills"

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It does this time and i am more careful these days

Watch the video

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Did you watch the video cause that is pretty much what he did say, is the video doctored?

in the context of a Russian attack

'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'... 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever they want. You gotta pay.'"

Them being Russia

here is headline

"Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills"

Was he not using it a threat to his NATO partners to encourage them to pay their full whack into the NATO kitty? As in, if they are not prepared to pay the amount that the USA (ie Trump) wants them to pay, then the USA won't guarantee to protect them. Although I could be reading it wrong?

59 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Was he not using it a threat to his NATO partners to encourage them to pay their full whack into the NATO kitty? As in, if they are not prepared to pay the amount that the USA (ie Trump) wants them to pay, then the USA won't guarantee to protect them. Although I could be reading it wrong?

I think you want to see it as biased anti Trump propaganda

It isnt - It is what it says on the tin from his own gub

58 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think you want to see it as biased anti Trump propaganda

It isnt - It is what it says on the tin from his own gub

The headline is propaganda.

At best it's ambiguous, at worst, deliberately misleading. 

When I read that headline I thought they were trying to say that Trump was encouraging Russia to invade countries who hadn't paid their gas bills.

He is telling folk in the USA (ie voters) (and heads of NATO state governments), that if they don't pay their fair share for NATO funding then they shouldn't expect the USA to protect them. That's his view, and he is entitled to it. Time will tell if USA voters agree with him. 

This has got nothing to do with Russia. It's Trump trying to win votes, and if he gets more money out of other NATO governments, then that will just be a bonus for him. I don't think he will disband NATO, but just threatening to do it, might win him a few more votes.

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This has got nothing to do with Russia.

"One of the Presidents of a big country stood up and said "If we don't pay and are attacked by Russia will you protect us"

I said "Hell no i would not protect you in fact i would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want"

Apart from the conversation never happening i really cant help you anymore

43 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

"One of the Presidents of a big country stood up and said "If we don't pay and are attacked by Russia will you protect us"

I said "Hell no i would not protect you in fact i would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want"

Apart from the conversation never happening i really cant help you anymore

I'm not criticising what's in the article. It's the headline.

He could have said China or Iran. He just happened to say Russia. Maybe that's because they are running Trump's campaign? 

• 1 month later...