Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 182 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

33 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There's a lot of competition but that is firmly in my top 3 favourite graphs of 2020!

The missouri health director has quit her job as she is getting harrassed for basically believing in Corona.

Here#s testimony from a worker.

“We hired 10 contact tracers to track the spread, starting in August, but the real problem we keep running into is community cooperation. We call everyone that’s had a positive test and say, ‘Hey, this is your local health department. We’re trying to interrupt disease transmission, and we’d love your help.’ It’s nothing new,” Amber Elliott, health director in St. Francois County, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post. “We do the same thing for measles, mumps, and tick-borne diseases, and I’d say 99 percent of the time before COVID, people were receptive. They wanted to stop an outbreak, but now it’s all politicized.”

Elliott added, “Every time you get on the phone, you’re hoping you don’t get cussed at. Probably half of the people we call are skeptical or combative. They refuse to talk. They deny their own positive test results. They hang up. They say they’re going to hire a lawyer. They give you fake people they’ve spent time with and fake numbers. They lie and tell you they’re quarantining alone at home, but then in the background you can hear the beeping of a scanner at Walmart.”

Then folk get pissy when i talk about radicalisation. This is what too long on facebook groups does to you.

5 hours ago, phart said:

The missouri health director has quit her job as she is getting harrassed for basically believing in Corona.

Here#s testimony from a worker.

“We hired 10 contact tracers to track the spread, starting in August, but the real problem we keep running into is community cooperation. We call everyone that’s had a positive test and say, ‘Hey, this is your local health department. We’re trying to interrupt disease transmission, and we’d love your help.’ It’s nothing new,” Amber Elliott, health director in St. Francois County, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post. “We do the same thing for measles, mumps, and tick-borne diseases, and I’d say 99 percent of the time before COVID, people were receptive. They wanted to stop an outbreak, but now it’s all politicized.”

Elliott added, “Every time you get on the phone, you’re hoping you don’t get cussed at. Probably half of the people we call are skeptical or combative. They refuse to talk. They deny their own positive test results. They hang up. They say they’re going to hire a lawyer. They give you fake people they’ve spent time with and fake numbers. They lie and tell you they’re quarantining alone at home, but then in the background you can hear the beeping of a scanner at Walmart.”

Then folk get pissy when i talk about radicalisation. This is what too long on facebook groups does to you.

There was a Republican in charge of the vote in one of the swing states who was evidently raging because he said it was the safest election ever and in the circumstances should be celebrated but instead him and his family were getting death threats.  

Evidence of voter fraud or the mail man turning up:

10 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There was a Republican in charge of the vote in one of the swing states who was evidently raging because he said it was the safest election ever and in the circumstances should be celebrated but instead him and his family were getting death threats.  

Evidence of voter fraud or the mail man turning up:

meanwhile

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/20/florida-election-trump-senator-rodriguez/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_homepage

Latinas for Trump founder unseated Florida Democrat after ‘shadow candidate’ with his surname entered the race

every accusation seems to be a confession.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article247238749.html

"

Alex Rodriguez, a one-time mechanic with no history in local politics, never started a campaign website, attended no candidate forums and received no donations, save for a $2,000 loan from himself. Mailers pitching his name sent to voters in the Coral Gables area were sent by a shadowy political group that, so far, has been untraceable.

When a television reporter recently tracked Alex Rodriguez down, he pretended to be someone else.

Alex Rodriguez’s candidacy appeared to exist for only one reason: to suck votes away from incumbent José Javier Rodríguez, who shares the same surname. The incumbent lost by just 34 votes, and he is now calling for an investigation into Alex Rodriguez — and whoever may have put him up to run."

Edited by phart

18 minutes ago, phart said:

meanwhile

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/20/florida-election-trump-senator-rodriguez/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_homepage

Latinas for Trump founder unseated Florida Democrat after ‘shadow candidate’ with his surname entered the race

every accusation seems to be a confession.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article247238749.html

"

Alex Rodriguez, a one-time mechanic with no history in local politics, never started a campaign website, attended no candidate forums and received no donations, save for a $2,000 loan from himself. Mailers pitching his name sent to voters in the Coral Gables area were sent by a shadowy political group that, so far, has been untraceable.

When a television reporter recently tracked Alex Rodriguez down, he pretended to be someone else.

Alex Rodriguez’s candidacy appeared to exist for only one reason: to suck votes away from incumbent José Javier Rodríguez, who shares the same surname. The incumbent lost by just 34 votes, and he is now calling for an investigation into Alex Rodriguez — and whoever may have put him up to run."

There’s been similar cases in the UK, pretty sure I’ve heard of them occurring in council elections. 

The Electoral Commission are pretty hot on ensuring that party names and what’s on the ballot paper isn’t going to cause confusion.  While not confusing, the SNP did appear on ballot papers for the 2007 Holyrood election as “Alex Salmond for first minister” for two reasons, one reinforces the campaign message and secondly so they’d be the first party on the ballot.  

In last year’s EU election, in the South east of England constituency - my constituency - there were two candidates called Alexandra Phillips.  One was from the Brexit Party and the other the Greens and both were elected. 

Tucker Carlson calls out Sidney Powell's bat shit mentalism:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/21/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news-traitor/index.html

A couple of days later after backlash from zoomers and his ratings going take a dive he's back on side with the communist software that changes votes for the Pinkos like Biden:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/11/20/tucker-carlson-gives-update-after-backlash-over-sidney-powell-segment/6367629002/

No evidence yet but just give it a couple of weeks...……...

10 hours ago, Denny’s Yard said:

I think this is as close as we will get to a Trump concession...

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/11/23/gsa.biden.pdf

Sanity quickly disappeared on his Twitter again almost straight after.  He must Tweet from the Whitehouse lav during a really stiff shit with his piles nipping or something!  

33 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Sanity quickly disappeared on his Twitter again almost straight after.  He must Tweet from the Whitehouse lav during a really stiff shit with his piles nipping or something!  

2 Things happened as far as i can see, many GOP donors said they are no longer going to fund the party if this continued, and at the same time Congress were about to drag in that Emily GSA(i think) and censure her. So the GOP and the civil service department doing the handover were about to get fucked. So they changed behaviour. Trump was pretty much bypassed.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

The fact, alone, that Trump is allowing or pushing the death sentence to be carried out before his departure says everything you need to know about him. He's a cunt, utter and complete. 

yep, even worse that I'm not really surprised. 

Despicable

The American system has shown remarkable resiliency in it's ability to withstand assault.

I was worried it would cave under the coup attempt by Trump and his cabal, but the supreme court has just shot down the latest attempt. They went 1 for 57 in attempted court cases. The 1 win coming when they cut absentee ballots in PA from 9 to 6 days.

This is despite hundreds of congresspeople and a dozen or so senators (a huge chunk of the legislative branch) engaging in the behaviour as long as the entire executive branch.

It's a shame that 60% of the money he is raising for what ostensibly is to "fight for democracy" is actually being used to line his pockets. The great American tradition of grifting is alive and well. 3000 deaths a day now in the US from covid and this is where the energy is going- Trying to start wars just before leaving office. expiditing executions, losing dozens of frivilous law suits costing a fortune. Undermining democracy. It seems with his supporters every accusation is a confession, never have I seen such sheep. Radicalised cultists parrotting his every word be it cure alls for Covid to poorly informed memes that don't bear scutiny about voting.

2 hours ago, phart said:

The American system has shown remarkable resiliency in it's ability to withstand assault.

I was worried it would cave under the coup attempt by Trump and his cabal, but the supreme court has just shot down the latest attempt. They went 1 for 57 in attempted court cases. The 1 win coming when they cut absentee ballots in PA from 9 to 6 days.

This is despite hundreds of congresspeople and a dozen or so senators (a huge chunk of the legislative branch) engaging in the behaviour as long as the entire executive branch.

It's a shame that 60% of the money he is raising for what ostensibly is to "fight for democracy" is actually being used to line his pockets. The great American tradition of grifting is alive and well. 3000 deaths a day now in the US from covid and this is where the energy is going- Trying to start wars just before leaving office. expiditing executions, losing dozens of frivilous law suits costing a fortune. Undermining democracy. It seems with his supporters every accusation is a confession, never have I seen such sheep. Radicalised cultists parrotting his every word be it cure alls for Covid to poorly informed memes that don't bear scutiny about voting.

I think it's more like 75% going into his pockets but whatever.

I get the impression that the Texas case was his "Hail Mary pass" and that he felt that since he'd appointed three justices, all he had to do was to get something in front of SCOTUS and they'd rule in his favour because they "owed him".  He must be spewing today.

What seems to be happening to the Republican Party is hugely interesting, they really do seem to be starting to tear themselves apart.   I don't think its ever a good idea to try and read across from UK politics to the US or any other country but it does look a lot like the post-Brexit chaos that the result through both the Tories and Labour into.

Its hard to see how a lot of the Republican politicians supporting Trump - post election - can walk themselves back from the position they are in but then the USA has always seemed to go for redemption a lot more than the UK, so who knows.

I can only imagine as well that things will only look worse for Trump - and by extension those closely allied to him - as the books start to get opened up when Biden takes over.

14 hours ago, aaid said:

I think it's more like 75% going into his pockets but whatever.

I get the impression that the Texas case was his "Hail Mary pass" and that he felt that since he'd appointed three justices, all he had to do was to get something in front of SCOTUS and they'd rule in his favour because they "owed him".  He must be spewing today.

What seems to be happening to the Republican Party is hugely interesting, they really do seem to be starting to tear themselves apart.   I don't think its ever a good idea to try and read across from UK politics to the US or any other country but it does look a lot like the post-Brexit chaos that the result through both the Tories and Labour into.

Its hard to see how a lot of the Republican politicians supporting Trump - post election - can walk themselves back from the position they are in but then the USA has always seemed to go for redemption a lot more than the UK, so who knows.

I can only imagine as well that things will only look worse for Trump - and by extension those closely allied to him - as the books start to get opened up when Biden takes over.

It's been a mental year. Here is republican politicians and Trump ally forgetting what log in he is using

fg61eo1a9w261.jpg

Edited by phart

16 hours ago, aaid said:

They will do it very easily, and without missing a step.

Two faced liars have no conscience or morality, look at the final Supreme Court appointment, Mitch McConnell didn’t give a toss how bad he looked, nor did half of America.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:29 AM, phart said:

Their system does seem to be withstanding the barrage with Trump getting ever more desperate by the day.  For me the problem is going to be the insidious impact this is having on the people with polarization and partisanship getting even worse:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/upshot/republican-voters-election-doubts.html

It's bizarre, and we've possibly gone beyond 1984 similes to an extent, with members of the public controlling what is reported to them and what they want to hear!  Tucker Carlson going from criticising the communist voting machine argument as nonsense only to renege two days later because viewing figures/ sponsorship would crash is really quite scary given about 35-40% of total voters believe, or at best support the belief,  the system is rigged.  Fox yesterday gave Trump an interview where they didn't challenge the comment at all he won the four swing states too.   

When it couldn't get any more bizarre rumours Tucker will run for 2024 nomination.  

• 3 weeks later...

With one of the Georgia run-off senate seats already called for the Democrats and with the other Democrat ahead by a narrower lead but one which looks like will grow as the outstanding uncounted votes are primarily in heavily Democrat counties, it looks like the Republicans will lose control of the Senate, and the Democrats will have full control of Congress as well as the Presidency.

The best part of this.  It's all Trump's fault as his baseless claims of voter fraud since November have only acted to fire up the Democrats and motivate them to turn out - particularly in black areas - but has also suppressed the Republican vote as they've bought the narrative that the election was stolen so didn't see the point in turning out.

Edited by aaid