Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 164 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

5 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Just Googled her. Very nice.

Just heard on the radio; League of Gentlemen has been cut from Netflix. Comedy is being cut left, right and centre in the current climate.

As a result of Papa Lazarou no doubt - starting to get ridiculous now.

18 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

If they programmes stagger you then 'Till death us do part' would give you heart failure.

Brilliant series.

I once saw Warren Mitchell talking about the character of Alf Garnett and how people would come up to him in the street and talk to him as if he actually was Alf Garnett.

People coming up and saying how they agree with his opinions, politics, racism, etc... and him telling them, that's not me. That's Alf Garnet. Alf Garnett's an idiot and the joke is on people like you.

2 hours ago, phart said:

It's the inevitable over correction, annoying that views swing like a pendulum. Zeitgeist is really changing.

Problem is, I suspect that it's all white middle class TV executives who are making decisions about what they think black people will be offended by or more likely, what white middle class people are likely to be be offended by in behalf of black people.

5 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Agree totally and think its worse chucking in token character for the sake of it.  It works in King of Queens because he's a postie but putting Timmy in Rules of Engagement was toe curling bad.  Possibly they could have squeezed one in friends but it would have probably been Joey so you're into the realms of stereotype from the off.  

I loved Coby Show as a kid - would  be interesting to know what black folk in America thought of it at the time.  

I remember reading that most black folk were quite derogatory about it. One comment that sticks in my mind was “ not even white folks act like that’ 😂

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

That guy the cops pushed over was trying to 'skim' their communication devices apparently. Did not even know you could do that.

Looks like he nearly got decked earlier on by other protestors.

It’s been debunked on various news outlets as being inaccurate (WSJ/NYT).  Story came from a tweet that OANN, who make Fox look Pulitzer candidates, then ran with and Trump, big OANN fan, tweeted to accuse him of being Antifa and skimming. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52984295

Police chief has confirmed their radio traffic is available on website anyway so he wouldn’t have needed to hack them to hear it.  If he wanted to block it allegedly you can’t do that with a mobile and need other equipment plus you wouldn’t need to be anywhere near as close as he was to do it – being a retired IT expert he would know that surely.   

Time have the below article on him and, although it lays it on pretty thick, he seems a really decent bloke who really doesn’t deserve all the shit he’ll get from zoomers once he comes out of hospital. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/10/us/martin-gugino-trump-buffalo-tweet/index.html

https://time.com/5851542/buffalo-protester-gugino-catholic-peace-activist/

He tweeted (now private) "Fuck The Police" and on his blog he has this under 'About Me'...

Four arrests,
no convictions.
04=01.12.16@US Capitol
03=06.26.13@WhiteHouse
02=01.12.12@WhiteHouse
01=04.20.09@Orange County

Who knows for sure but I don't think he is quite the innocent party he was made out to be. (Shocker.)

What he is doing with the phone is very odd. Even as he is pushed he was trying to get it right up against that copper (may have even contributed to him losing balance).

I don't know how anyone can know for sure what he was up to one way or the other. But it does look a bit suspicious, at least to me.

Dorset councol have made the decisiom to remove a statues of the founder of the scouts. Apparently he had some unsavoury views back in 1904. 

Theres a 79 year former scout guarding the statue. 

Debunk what? There is no evidence of skimming in the first place. Beyond someone typing it on twitter.

This is their stated identity

TheLastRefuge
@TheLastRefuge2
The Last Refuge is a rag tag bunch of misfits that do not align with political specificity. We share information, seek known truths and discuss.

United Statestheconservativetreehouse.comJoined May 2012

Who don't align with political specificity but the line under have a link to "the conservative tree house" which when you go to it self ID's as "Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits"

This is low information partisans arguing about really stupid shit. It's already been estalished why he was pushed and it was down to the misuse of battleground practices adopted by the police which came from a country illegally accupying a non-consenting populace as opposed to a police force policing by consent.

This is a political form of soap opera, let's cheer and support the characters i identify with. Total pantomime.

33 minutes ago, phart said:

Debunk what? There is no evidence of skimming in the first place. Beyond someone typing it on twitter.

This is their stated identity

TheLastRefuge
@TheLastRefuge2
The Last Refuge is a rag tag bunch of misfits that do not align with political specificity. We share information, seek known truths and discuss.

United Statestheconservativetreehouse.comJoined May 2012

Who don't align with political specificity but the line under have a link to "the conservative tree house" which when you go to it self ID's as "Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits"

This is low information partisans arguing about really stupid shit. It's already been estalished why he was pushed and it was down to the misuse of battleground practices adopted by the police which came from a country illegally accupying a non-consenting populace as opposed to a police force policing by consent.

This is a political form of soap opera, let's cheer and support the characters i identify with. Total pantomime.

Is this to me? I genuinely have no clue who (or what) you are replying to there.

I just replied to TW who used the word 'debunked'. Sorry if that angered you.

The only person who linked to that site is you. I posted a youtube clip of what he was doing in slow motion and a tweet of some guy threatening him earlier on. 

I also made it pretty clear that I did not know for sure one way or the other but that it did look suspicious what he was doing before being pushed. This skimming thing would be one possible explanation for it. 

You are just tripping over yourself now. The laugh is you are obviously totally partisan yourself and you are going around as if you are above it all trying to fact check me on every single post. Now that is a pantomime. 

Edited by thplinth

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Dorset councol have made the decisiom to remove a statues of the founder of the scouts. Apparently he had some unsavoury views back in 1904. 

Theres a 79 year former scout guarding the statue. 

:lol: FFS!

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought the cosby show was shite. When i was young i watched frwsh prince of belair after school. Always thought carlton was hularious and i fancied Hilary. 

Rab C hasnt stood the test of time for me, watched the italia 90 episode a couple of years ago and remember thinking it was shite.

You're not wrong - Scotland qualifying for the World Cup really is a concept from a bygone era! Someone under 30 watching that must feel like I did trying to get my head around Dad's Army.

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

With the greatest of respect but quoting CNN or Time to debunk anything is just as bad as OANN or whoever they are.

It's been rebuked by  WSJ, NYT, BBC, Snopes amongst others and even Fox questioned the wisdom of his Tweet.  

All media outlets have their biases without doubt but OANN are on a completely different level:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Other journalists have to apply for slots at his question sessions - their chief reporter is there every day, regularly gets invited to raise a question and he Tweets his support for their news coverage over Fox.    

24 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Is this to me? I genuinely have no clue who (or what) you are replying to there.

I just replied to TW who used the word 'debunked'. Sorry if that angered you.

The only person who linked to that site is you. I posted a youtube clip of what he was doing in slow motion and a tweet of some guy threatening him earlier on. 

I also made it pretty clear that I did not know for sure one way or the other but that it did look suspicious what he was doing before being pushed. This skimming thing would be one possible explanation for it. 

You are just tripping over yourself now. The laugh is you are obviously totally partisan yourself and you are going around as if you are above it all trying to fact check me on every single post. Now that is a pantomime. 

No one is "angered" here.

It's a public message board you're going to get demonstrably dumb information challenged, if you continually post stuff that can be easily challenged it will continously be challanged , now that might make it feel like folk are "going around fact checking" you but it's really just a function of the message board system when demonstrably wrong things are posted and isn't actually about the poster. It's about the information being posted.

It's not about you. I'm not sure how I can make you understand you're irrelevant to the information posted.

You're like Jude who thought she was being persectured cause she was a Christian as opposed to it actually being cause she was just posting nonsense.

If anything it elicits a bit of sadness from me that's about it.