Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 152 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

3 minutes ago, phart said:

What a difference 4 months makes

fair-minded
/fɛːˈmʌɪndɪd/

adjective
adjective: fair-minded
  1. impartial in judgement; just.

Aye that was before.

Man this is great. I think long overdue. 

Lets go our separate ways intellectually speaking and no prisoners spared going forward. 

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Getting emotional isn't a mental health issue, you switched from discussing the point of the argument to discussing my perceived faults (not my arguments perceived fault) a clear sign of getting emotional.

But sure play the victim if you want.

Noooo... you are full of shit. That is exactly what you did.

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You not think a lot of that is more complex than just systemic racism? 

I think complex systemic racism is the root cause. Today about 64% are white with 16% latino, 13% black and 5% Asian. Wind it back to 1950 and black is 11%, Hispanic 2% and 0.2% Asian.  If you take their population increase at 6% for Hispanic in 1980 and Asians now at 5% is their median income an indicator of how other races have been more accepted into society as it progressed whilst the black population still suffer the stigma of centuries of institutionalised racism?

Even in 1950 Hispanics weren't segregated as were included in 'white' numbers and Asians were in a half way house.  There's stories of Asians including Japanese being instructed to sit at the front of the bus so people who were a few years earlier involved in a brutal war with America were more welcome to sit with white people than black folk who defended it or lost folk doing so.  Simply ending segregation in the 60's isn't going to sort a cultural norm as embedded as that.

"The FBI’s Washington Field Office “has no intelligence indicating Antifa involvement/presence” in the violence that occurred on May 31 during the D.C.-area protests over the murder of George Floyd, according to an internal FBI situation report obtained exclusively by The Nation...

...Antifa, short for “anti-fascist,” is a type of militant anti-racist, anti-nationalist organizing that does not rely on the justice system to confront the far right. Groups associated with antifa have destroyed property and committed violence in the past, but the fact that the FBI’s situation reports cannot find any evidence of such involvement now suggests that fears about such groups may be exaggerated.

The report did warn that individuals from a far-right social media group had “called for far-right provocateurs to attack federal agents, use automatic weapons against protesters.” (The Nation is withholding the name of the group in order to not disrupt any potential law enforcement investigations.)

Last year, FBI documents obtained by this reporter showed that the Bureau has listed “Racially Motivated Violent Extremists” among its top counterterrorism priorities. While those priorities did include white supremacist groups, they also included what the FBI called “Black Identity Extremists.” The documents reveal that the Bureau linked “retaliatory lethal violence against law enforcement” to the “shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri,” from which the Black Lives Matter movement originated.

The report, marked “For official use only” (FOUO), was provided to The Nation by an FBI official on condition of anonymity. The report is titled, “Civil Unrest in Washington AOR [Area of Responsibility] Following Death of George Floyd.” The report’s reference to “CHS” suggests that the Bureau possesses secret informants participating in the protests.

https://www.thenation.com/article/activism/antifa-trump-fbi/

Edited by phart

Still could be worse, it could have been a paint ball. The ironic thing is I reckon all those plastic cups were for the protesters.

Reminds me of that old saying that the definition of a conservative is liberal who has been mugged once.

Andy Ngo (remember him?)...

D-RFLBYUIAUWxiG.jpg

...is doing a good job highlighting these acts on his twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterPaschal7/status/1267934796820254721

Fucking hell

Think i posted the wrong link, i am referring to the video of thw guy asking the woman to take a knee in front of him and apologuse for her white privelage

Edited by vanderark14

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Andy Ngo (remember him?)...

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

He first attracted widespread criticism after publishing an opinion column titled "A Visit to Islamic England" in the Wall Street Journal.[4][5] He has been described as "one of the leading amplifiers of Islamophobia in US."[6] Lately he has refocused his brand on targeting leftist activists, promoting the "antifa are the real fascists" narrative.[7]

He lost his job at Quillette (and had all his content there deleted) for no explicitly stated reason at a time that just happened to coincide perfectly with a leaked video of him standing nearby as Patriot PrayerWikipedia's W.svg members conspired to commit assault.[8][9] We're sure it's unrelated.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo#Attacked_by_Antifa

Alt Right adjacent ‘journalist’ Andy Ngo, infamous for doxing left wing activists and passing on their personal details to neo nazi groups, caught lying again.

https://medium.com/@BJ_Murphy/no-andy-ngo-wasnt-pelted-with-concrete-milkshakes-by-antifa-87a24ce4012a

Conservative journalist Andy Ngo is no longer an editor for the website Quillette after the publication of a video apparently showing him witnessing a right-wing group planning a violent attack and doing nothing about it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/journalist-andy-ngo-out-at-quillette-after-controversial-video-surfaces

The rioting has totally got out of hand too many folk just being out and out violent attacking folk, wrecking shit and going completely insanely violent. If the police want to sprepper spray folk then they should start with them that way they could claim justification.

Some crazy shit going on, making folk kneel is just the sort of shit from the opposite angle that has folk complaining the other way. It's good to get it all documented the advanatge of cameras everywhere.

I don't indentify with the folk doing violence and all the crazy shit at all, which is why it doesn't bother me when it gets posted, I think it's a good thing.

21 minutes ago, phart said:

Some crazy shit going on, making folk kneel is just the sort of shit from the opposite angle that has folk complaining the other way. It's good to get it all documented the advanatge of cameras everywhere.

I don't indentify with the folk doing violence and all the crazy shit at all, which is why it doesn't bother me when it gets posted, I think it's a good thing.

Expecting anyone to kneel in front of someone is too far in my opinion. This started off as a good cause to fight for and still.should be but the violence is diluting the message

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Expecting anyone to kneel in front of someone is too far in my opinion. This started off as a good cause to fight for and still.should be but the violence is diluting the message

Kneeling is anathema to me, the whole thing is just distasteful as feck. Trying to balance the scales not flip them round the other way.

No one in their right mind supports violence it removes the "moral highground" of any cause.

The Palestine cause used to be secular and stick to military targets then Hamas came in made it theological and used suicide bombers, which was one of the reasons Israel were happy for Hamas to happen at the time cause they knew their extremism would weaken the cause.

It's why agent provocateurs are a thing throughout history. All these rioters/looters theiving fucks are just wrecking their own cause. I saw some guy at the London protests just raging and charging the police, it;s like dude what the fuck are you even doing?

12 minutes ago, phart said:

Kneeling is anathema to me, the whole thing is just distasteful as feck. Trying to balance the scales not flip them round the other way.

No one in their right mind supports violence it removes the "moral highground" of any cause.

The Palestine cause used to be secular and stick to military targets then Hamas came in made it theological and used suicide bombers, which was one of the reasons Israel were happy for Hamas to happen at the time cause they knew their extremism would weaken the cause.

It's why agent provocateurs are a thing throughout history. All these rioters/looters theiving fucks are just wrecking their own cause. I saw some guy at the London protests just raging and charging the police, it;s like dude what the fuck are you even doing?

Couldn't agree more.

Harrowing stuff. Violence is never the answer, firing into a crowd is fucked up beyond belief.

Protest organizers, police and city officials say Organized agitators have infiltrated multiple Iowa protests in the past week, inciting violence in connection with what were intended to be peaceful demonstrations.

https://eu.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/investigations/2020/06/02/outside-agitators-behind-violence-iowa-rallies-protests-police/5316671002/

Peaceful protestors need to wise up and police themselves against this sort of shit to maintain the validity of their cause.