Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 147 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Thinking the cops were walking down the street plugging people is the act of genius is it?

Here comes the strawman rhetoric now.

Not got the time to argue positions that only exist inside you head.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Just cause you name yourself AntiFA doesn't mkae you AntiFA.

It's ludicrous this train of thought.

If the peace and prosperity party start bombing shit, saying stuff against them doesn't make you against peace and prosperity.

I'm beginning to see why it's so easy to drum up a mob.

Antifa are anti fascist so the analogy doesn't work.

Edited by Mox

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Wow.

Someone is having a bad day 🤣🤣

We are discussing riots resulting from the innocent death of another black man at the hands of American Police and what Kumnio has taken from it is that are Antifa are a terrorist organisation and 'the blacks are much worse than the whites in America for violence' in response to that Moon unit The Plinths claim that Antifa are racist.

If that is what someone is taking away from this current situation then I  question their beliefs.

Im going to try and help Mox, by providing a ladder for him to get out of his hole. Of course, he wont take it because he thinks he is right and im a very bad man

Dictionary definition of terrorism, first hit from google......

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

What tactics do Antifa use, copied sentence from wikipedia......

Activists engage in varied protest tactics, including digital activism, property damage and physical violence, and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist, or on the far-right.

That is the textbook definition of terrorism. So, as I said, Antifa are a terrorist group. I cant help it some simple minded people cant understand word definitions, or get upset by perceived pish only in their head.

Now an adult would backtrack, maybe even admit their wrong, but that wont happen, will it.

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

We are discussing riots resulting from the innocent death of another black man at the hands of American Police and what Kumnio has taken from it is that are Antifa are a terrorist organisation and 'the blacks are much worse than the whites in America for violence' in response to that Moon unit The Plinths claim that Antifa are racist.

If that is what someone is taking away from this current situation then I  question their beliefs.

You don't understand words. I cant help that.

Edited by kumnio

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

Antifa are anti fascist so the analogy doesn't work.

It wasn't an analogy it was an example. So that stock answer is irrelevant.

George Orwell has a great essay on fascism by the way, i'd commend anyone to read it.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You who doesn't understand words. I cant help that.

Of course your arguement is now broken into simple definitions of the word terrorism when of course it's much more nuanced than that, which you're aware of but you're trying to be a smart arse. As I said if thats what you've taken away from this whole episode, that a group that has never killed anyone, is a terrorist organisations then I'll question your beliefs all day long.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

It wasn't an analogy it was an example. So that stock answer is irrelevant.

George Orwell has a great essay on fascism by the way, i'd commend anyone to read it.

I'll give it a look.

18 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im going to try and help Mox, by providing a ladder for him to get out of his hole. Of course, he wont take it because he thinks he is right and im a very bad man

Dictionary definition of terrorism, first hit from google......

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

What tactics do Antifa use, copied sentence from wikipedia......

Activists engage in varied protest tactics, including digital activism, property damage and physical violence, and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist, or on the far-right.

That is the textbook definition of terrorism. So, as I said, Antifa are a terrorist group. I cant help it some simple minded people cant understand word definitions, or get upset by perceived pish only in their head.

Now an adult would backtrack, maybe even admit their wrong, but that wont happen, will it.

Is ANTIFA actually a group though, by which I mean an organisation with some sort of defined structure, however loose and with a set agenda and outcomes they are looking to achieve or are they a collection of like minded groups and individuals.

I genuinely don't know the answer but it's probably important if you're trying to proscribe a group for it to actually exist. 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Of course your arguement is now broken into simple definitions of the word terrorism when of course it's much more nuanced than that, which you're aware of but you're trying to be a smart arse. As I said if thats what you've taken away from this whole episode, that a group that has never killed anyone, is a terrorist organisations then I'll question your beliefs all day long.

Im a smart arse all the time, Im not trying anything here.

You cant accept dictionary definitions of the word, its that simple is it not? You have shown zero nuance at all, I was going to try that, but thought whats the point.

You can question my beliefs, I don't care, but you cant question word definitions.

Otherwise here sheep money go high simple take windy, can you read that sentence and make sense of it, no one else can because we have word definitions, but you don't go by them, do you. Hows that for being a smart arse.

Just now, aaid said:

Is ANTIFA actually a group though, by which I mean an organisation with some sort of defined structure, however loose and with a set agenda and outcomes they are looking to achieve or are they a collection of like minded groups and individuals.

I genuinely don't know the answer but it's probably important if you're trying to proscribe a group for it to actually exist. 

they aren't a group. It's more a "slogan"

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Theres no structure in place, its more of a belief, ideology type thing in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

So Trump saying he was going to ban them is more pish and wind then.

He can't even designate them anywyay cause they're in the US. It's only foreign groups he can designate without congress, or so the internet has said. It's just appealing to his base.

40 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im a smart arse all the time, Im not trying anything here.

You cant accept dictionary definitions of the word, its that simple is it not? You have shown zero nuance at all, I was going to try that, but thought whats the point.

You can question my beliefs, I don't care, but you cant question word definitions.

Otherwise here sheep money go high simple take windy, can you read that sentence and make sense of it, no one else can because we have word definitions, but you don't go by them, do you. Hows that for being a smart arse.

Jesus, it's not even worth it is it when you're on about definitions ya wrong un.

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Jesus, it's not even worth it is it when you're on about definitions ya wrong un.

Ok sheep rapist. I understand sheep to mean boring and rapist to mean moron.

Im a wrong un for using a word which accurately describes something, to describe it. Word meanings are pointless, lets all just make stuff up, aint that right rapey.

Youre right though, I don't think theres any point continuing this. 👍

47 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ok sheep rapist. I understand sheep to mean boring and rapist to mean moron.

Im a wrong un for using a word which accurately describes something, to describe it. Word meanings are pointless, lets all just make stuff up, aint that right rapey.

Youre right though, I don't think theres any point continuing this. 👍

Terrorism is accurate.

We have a repulsive act of brutality by a policeman that leads to a man's death. It was totally unnecessary. Not heard anyone say otherwise. 

But somehow that translates into masked thugs burning down the businesses of totally innocent people. Beating fuck out of totally innocent people. Turning all cops into killer cops. Putting people out of work who had nothing whatsoever to do with it. All of it with very nasty racial undertones... A bad thing happens and that somehow justifies you to go out and do things far worse? Are we supposed to swallow this putrid garbage?

They are exploiting this man's death and the tactics they are employing are very sinister. Text book terrorism. Using terror for political purposes.

ANTIFA originally were the communist party equivalent of the Brown Shirts in Nazi Germany. So the 'tactics' here are perhaps unsurprisingly similar. The problem is there are no Nazis here. So they are just labeling ordinary people in the most ridiculous way and then feeling justified in horrific acts of violence. The are race hustlers endlessly race baiting. We have seen a microcosm of it in the posts above. They are dangerous.

edit: and thick... very thick. 

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

We have a repulsive act of brutality by a policeman that leads to a man's death. It was totally unnecessary. Not heard anyone say otherwise. 

But somehow that translates into masked thugs burning down the businesses of totally innocent people. Beating fuck out of totally innocent people. Turning all cops into killer cops. Putting people out of work who had nothing whatsoever to do with it. All of it with very nasty racial undertones... A bad thing happens and that somehow justifies you to go out and do things far worse? Are we supposed to swallow this putrid garbage?

They are exploiting this man's death and the tactics they are employing are very sinister. Text book terrorism. Using terror for political purposes.

One man's death does not translate into what we are witnessing

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

One man's death does not translate into what we are witnessing

Who said that?

You seem to be missing the point somehow. The apparent logic is... I am outraged at the brutality shown to this man (and/or others) by the police so I will go out and brutalize completely innocent people in response.

I am condemning the policeman but you are not condemning these brutal attacks on people. 

Edited by thplinth

22 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Terrorism is accurate.

ANTIFA originally were the communist party equivalent of the Brown Shirts in Nazi Germany. So the 'tactics' here are perhaps unsurprisingly similar. The problem is there are no Nazis here. So they are just labeling ordinary people in the most ridiculous way and then feeling justified in horrific acts of violence. The are race hustlers endlessly race baiting. We have seen a microcosm of it in the posts above. They are dangerous.

edit: and thick... very thick. 

What are these racial undertones that you're alluding to? You're not again suggesting that the poor white folks are being deliberately targeted because they are white are you?

Also, let me request some clarity on the part in bold. Are you suggesting that violent protest is 'far worse' than the murder of a man, in broad daylight, by a Police Officer who kept his knee on this mans neck for 9 minutes whilst he pleaded for his life?

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

What are these racial undertones that you're alluding to? You're not again suggesting that the poor white folks are being deliberately targeted because they are white are you?

Also, let me request some clarity on the part in bold. Are you suggesting that violent protest is 'far worse' than the murder of a man, in broad daylight, by a Police Officer who kept his knee on this mans neck for 9 minutes whilst he pleaded for his life?

You really don't like them do you.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You really don't like them do you.

He is probably racist as fuck, leave him alone.

Or maybe he is trying to order cat food on Amazon, words and meanings are strange, so who the fuck knows.