Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 135 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

1 minute ago, phart said:

need to be a member to read that. It's behind a paywall.

You can click free and you get to read a few articles a month

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

You can click free and you get to read a few articles a month

Cool i done that and i see this

Correction: An earlier version of this column incorrectly stated that 99 percent of white evangelical Protestants opposed the impeachment and removal of President Trump. That figure is for Republican white evangelical Protestants. This version has been updated.

The author Michael Gerson was a propagandist during the lead up to the Iraq war as well. Part of the White House Iraq Group. He started the "Axis of evil" stuff.

Anyway back to the another set of propaganda the Douma fake chemical attack.

" In May this year, a leaked engineering assessment given to a group of UK-based academics known as the Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media, revealed that an expert with the OPCW Fact Finding Mission (FFM) had in fact challenged the conclusion of the OPCW’s final report to the UN Security Council on March 1, 2019. According to the leaked document, the “dimensions, characteristics and appearance of the cylinders and the surrounding scene of the incidents were inconsistent with what would have been expected in the case of either cylinder having been delivered from an aircraft.” This finding suggests there is “a higher probability that both cylinders were manually placed at those two locations rather than being delivered from aircraft.”

According to award-winning physicist and MIT professor emeritus Theodore Postol, a leading expert in missile technology, “The leaked document provided unambiguous contradictory data from the UN Fact-Finding Mission (FFM) and supporting technical analysis that explicitly showed that the attacks were instead staged.” Postol said that the documents provide enough evidence to suggest that “someone had placed the chlorine cylinders at the alleged locations in the hope of making it appear like the cylinders had been dropped from an aircraft.” And Postol wasn’t the only one challenging the OPCW’s conclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.activistpost.com/2019/11/paws-win-trump-signs-historic-animal-cruelty-bill-making-abuse-a-federal-crime.html

In a win for our furry friends, U.S. President Donald Trump has signed an animal cruelty bill (H.R. 724) that seeks to end horrific “animal crushing videos” seen online by imposing harsh prison sentences and fines for producers of such despicable content in the form of a federal felony.

Animal crushing videos... FFS what a world we live in.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, aaid said:

I'd never heard of the guy, but considering his position and where he is he sounds influential.

10 hours ago, phart said:

I'd never heard of the guy, but considering his position and where he is he sounds influential.

Someone I know in the US posted it on Facebook which is where I picked it up, safe to say she is no fan of Trump.  I asked whether something like this would be likely to cut through as I suspected that - like Boris Johnson - anything about Trump's character is already priced in with his base.

Some guy I don't know replied with a fairly reasoned argument that he thought it represented a sea change in attitude, that his evangelical Christian base had until now been fed the line that the ends justify the means and this article clearly is a repudiation of that.

i don't know enough to really comment on that as I think it's difficult for us here to get our head around the impact that religion has on people's politics as - in the main - that hasn't been a significant factor here.  Northern Ireland being an obvious exception but I'd argue that, at it's heart, theological differences aren't much to do with it.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:58 AM, aaid said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50906346

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There's more than one, he's pardoned all sorts of criminals, same as every US president I can remember.

They had the wherewithawl not to hang about with them too though.

Trump had some sniper who was just killing civilians at the whitehouse a couple of days ago.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:49 PM, phart said:

So the Syrian chemical attacks have been investigated quietly.

"On October 15, an independent British civil society organisation, Courage Foundation, convened a panel of experts from the fields of disarmament, international law, journalism, military operations, medicine and intelligence in Brussels, to meet a member of the OPCW’s team that investigated the Douma incident. Based on the whistleblower’s “extensive presentation, including internal emails, text messages and draft reports”, the panel “unanimously” expressed its “alarm over unacceptable practices in the investigation of the alleged chemical attack in Douma”.

The panel, consisting of Nobel Peace Prize nominee Jose Bustani, Brazilian diplomat and the first Director General of the OPCW; Richard Falk, professor emeritus of International Law, Princeton University; Kristinn Hrafnsson, editor in chief of WikiLeaks; Dr Helmut Lohrer, MD, Board member of the International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and others, concluded that: “A critical analysis of the final report of the Douma investigation left the panel in little doubt that conclusions drawn from each of the key evidentiary pillars of the investigation (chemical analysis, toxicology, ballistics and witness testimonies) are flawed and bear little relation to the facts.”

On 11/4/2019 at 6:51 PM, phart said:

The panel stated that is was “particularly troubled by organisational efforts [by OPCW] to obfuscate and prevent inspectors from raising legitimate concerns about possible malpractices surrounding the Douma investigation.” Professor Richard Falk, one of the panel members, wrote that: “Not only did the panel find that OPCW tampered with the evidence to produce an outcome desired by the geopolitical actors involved in this instance, it tried to silence its own senior civil servants to such an extent as to produce what I would call ‘a reluctant but extremely credible whistleblower,’ a senior inspector with 17 years of experience with OPCW, and a member of the team that carried out the on-site investigations of the Douma allegations.”

Another leak

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/wikileaks-reveals-new-opcw-douma-leaks

“One of the documents is an e-mail exchange dated 27 and 28 February between members of the fact finding mission (FFM) deployed to Douma and the senior officials of the OPCW. It includes an e-mail from Sebastien Braha, Chief of Cabinet at the OPCW, where he instructs that an engineering report from Ian Henderson should be removed from the secure registry of the organisation,” WikiLeaks writes. Included in the email is the following directive:

[IMG]

According to Wikileaks, the main finding of Henderson, who inspected the sites in Douma, was that two of the cylinders were most likely manually placed at the site, rather than dropped.

“The main finding of Henderson, who inspected the sites in Douma and two cylinders that were found on the site of the alleged attack, was that they were more likely manually placed there than dropped from a plane or helicopter from considerable heights. His findings were omitted from the official final OPCW report on the Douma incident,” the Wikileaks report said.

It must be remembered that the U.S. launched an attack on Damascus, Syria on April 14, 2018 over alleged chemical weapons usage by pro-Assad forces at Douma.

Edited by phart

It does make me think that Hersh was right about Ghoutta as well.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v36/n08/seymour-m.-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

Makes me think there is something very rotten about this one. And again he is right in the heart of it. Dangerous guy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/youre-a-disgrace-michael-gove-shouts-at-mps-after-syria-vote-8790995.html

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

I seem to recall Rossy saying on here that his missus worked for the OPCW. I wonder what he would say about all of this...

https://steemit.com/news/@caitlinjohnstone/media-s-deafening-silence-on-latest-wikileaks-drops-is-its-own-scandal

Rossy made shit up to try and win arguments.

Mind when he said he had kept bank application forms from the 80's that he had just looked up cause he didn't want to admit that there was anti-catholic discrimination about in those days. Then Fairlie had to come in and point out that he was the only catholic police officer in Fife and everyone used to sing the sash when he walked into the station.

So whether or not his wife worked at the OPCW is debatable I mind he was interviewed on Dutch TV and said she was at home doing the dishes when asked where she was,so who knows.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

It does make me think that Hersh was right about Ghoutta as well.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v36/n08/seymour-m.-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line

Makes me think there is something very rotten about this one. And again he is right in the heart of it. Dangerous guy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/youre-a-disgrace-michael-gove-shouts-at-mps-after-syria-vote-8790995.html

I'm biased in favour of Postol so I always believed him, also puts bellingcat in it's place their other claim to fame is "proving" the Russians shot down that airliner. Oh and Salisbury as well with Skirpal.

Postol always said it wasn't delivered by air. (his area of expertise) he's literally won awards cause he has been fact checking "spin" about missle systems sincd the 80's. So rightly or wrongly i put a lot of weight on his opinion.