Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 126 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Like a picture of some deranged, eye popping loon with a random load of papers stuck up on a wall is actually going to convince you to waste three minutes of you life clicking on it.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

Like a picture of some deranged, eye popping loon with a random load of papers stuck up on a wall is actually going to convince you to waste three minutes of you life clicking on it.

The picture is from a particularly hilarious episode of it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. 

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The picture is from a particularly hilarious episode of it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. 

That might well be the case but it's not going to entice me to click on the link

Had a conversation today with my 8yr old daughter about Trump when she noticed him on C4 news. She knows who he is through school. It's an 'Educate Together' school, which are multi-denominational (a new thing in the RoI) and have a progressive curriculum.

"Dad, do you like Donald Trump?"

"No"

"Everybody in school hates him. I want the President to be a girl".

"I just want the President to be the best person for the job. Doesn't matter if they're a boy or a girl."

So ended the lesson on identity politics (and the conversation). :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

From MAGA to MIGA in how long... wow. so so blatant as well... I wonder if Mueller will investigate.

This guy is now easily the most dangerous individual on earth... I don't think he is going for 8 years... so he seems to be squeezing in every crazy idea his blackmailers demand before his short 4 years are up.

The day he appointed Bolton you knew he was gone. But this is escalating at a crazy pace...

He allowed Bolton to shit on his North Korea deal (which would have 'mad'e his presidency no matter what... and Trump knew the lad Kim was sincere... he knew it and fucked him anyway).

Trump is lost.... totally gone. The embassy move, Golan, this pile of shit now, Venezuela, crawling up the Saudi's arse constantly while trying to sell them nukes ... 

Ok... worse than Clinton?

On 2/13/2018 at 4:49 PM, phart said:

Just dropping some of the technical details as well.

It is for the government of Ecuador, not the UK, to determine who is an Ecuadorian citizen. It is for the government of Ecuador, not the UK, to determine who is an Ecuadorian diplomat.

It is not in the least unusual for Julian Assange to become an Ecuadorian citizen. Having been granted political asylum, and having lived for over five years under Ecuadorian jurisdiction, naturalisation is a perfectly normal step. There are a great many refugees in this country who are now naturalised UK citizens. Julian appears suitably proud of his new citizenship, and rightly so.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/01/ecuador-and-assange/

Assange has been arrested in the Embassy

You have to give credit for his sheer brass neckery but it just sets a standard for politicians elsewhere - Look at Theresa May 

What is happening to Trump is the same as being done to Corbyn. Just shows the omnipotent power they have. He is the opposite of Corbyn but the same... They are (were) both leaders who think they can actually lead. Iran, Venezuela, Syria, Iraq... countless others long gone... They all thought they could run their own show too.

Enjoy your life... but at least own up to the fact that we are the tacit bad guys in black not giving a shit... while evil rapes the world in our name.

This is a really fascinating story that might explain a lot of the Russia, China and Iran hate we are seeing from the US & the UK/EU this last decade or so. Totally passed me by at the time but what a fuck up of fuck ups. The way they treated the whistle blower who could have saved them is poetic justice...  Also makes you wonder if  the Western intelligence agencies are not nearly as intelligent as they need to be. Schoolboy error, really shocking. Makes me further wonder if tearing up the Iran deal was a form of retaliation for 'nuking' their global spy network.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cias-communications-suffered-catastrophic-compromise-started-iran-090018710.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucHJlc3N0di5jb20vRGV0YWlsLzIwMTkvMDQvMTkvNTkzODEzL0lyYW5pYW4tY291bnRlci1pbnRlbGxpZ2VuY2UtYnJlYWt0aHJvdWdo&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAB8eWeQZEmyfJ56fZvXS96guJRgr_8fyVLzmyMTgCgASLap4AlhVdhNTtPr-oQipPdH219yCV5QA7Py6_elxDrKQ0n_zAKw8LU_KH_HCEHvEj-h8JFgXalWKBMq_o0Eiu9_IMhFrdDvqxfprwpoeVoaw49xhSWDgttMCIeHlRObM

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/04/19/593813/Iranian-counter-intelligence-breakthrough

Edited by thplinth

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

This is a really fascinating story that might explain a lot of the Russia, China and Iran hate we are seeing from the US & the UK/EU this last decade or so. Totally passed me by at the time but what a fuck up of fuck ups. The way they treated the whistle blower who could have saved them is poetic justice...  Also makes you wonder if  the Western intelligence agencies are not nearly as intelligent as they need to be. Schoolboy error, really shocking. Makes me further wonder if tearing up the Iran deal was a form of retaliation for 'nuking' their global spy network.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cias-communications-suffered-catastrophic-compromise-started-iran-090018710.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucHJlc3N0di5jb20vRGV0YWlsLzIwMTkvMDQvMTkvNTkzODEzL0lyYW5pYW4tY291bnRlci1pbnRlbGxpZ2VuY2UtYnJlYWt0aHJvdWdo&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAB8eWeQZEmyfJ56fZvXS96guJRgr_8fyVLzmyMTgCgASLap4AlhVdhNTtPr-oQipPdH219yCV5QA7Py6_elxDrKQ0n_zAKw8LU_KH_HCEHvEj-h8JFgXalWKBMq_o0Eiu9_IMhFrdDvqxfprwpoeVoaw49xhSWDgttMCIeHlRObM

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/04/19/593813/Iranian-counter-intelligence-breakthrough

Also Russia leaking the actual Victoria Nuland phone calls during the Ukraine coup.

Also the alleged spies getting picked up in countries, like that academic.

I'd not heard anything about this at all.

Edited by phart

That yahoo (finance section is it! ha ha) article is ASTONISHING! But i only caught it due to the recent Press TV article getting some quotes on alt-news aggregations sites.

How did this go under the radar of most, did you hear about this at all until now?... I am so gobsmacked.

Man alive though... they are so comically inept I almost feel relieved!

3 hours ago, phart said:

Also Russia leaking the actual Victoria Nuland phone calls during the Ukraine coup.

Also the alleged spies getting picked up in countries, like that academic.

I'd not heard anything about this at all.

Ahhh right. This is pretty mind blowing. Thank goodness the mainstream media kept us to to date on it. 

edit: the way this has been reported but utterly buried... you know it is far worse than you can imagine. That yahoo article amazes me... amazes me it exists.

Edited by thplinth

56 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ahhh right. This is pretty mind blowing. Thank goodness the mainstream media kept us to to date on it. 

edit: the way this has been reported but utterly buried... you know it is far worse than you can imagine. That yahoo article amazes me... amazes me it exists.

The two authors are veteran foreign affairs correspondents. Maybe it was a way to sneak a big story out. As normally its pish shallow stuff with yahoo about twitter beefs, this one is a huge long form 2 author piece breaking down in detail a story with multiple angles.

Reminds me of the build up to Iraq on every news station it was all WMD's then you'd get some 30 min hardcore political programme on at 3am where they actually interviewed real experts and you suddenly find out there isn't much of a case, and then when a big Inquiry comes out you go look we did cover it.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

The two authors are veteran foreign affairs correspondents. Maybe it was a way to sneak a big story out. As normally its pish shallow stuff with yahoo about twitter beefs, this one is a huge long form 2 author piece breaking down in detail a story with multiple angles.

Been a while since I read an article like that, engrossing.

Remember stuxnet was it? That would also fit into this raging but silent cyber war I suppose...

Bibi playing him like a drum

JERUSALEM — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he wants to name a new settlement in the Golan Heights after President Donald Trump out of gratitude for the White House’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the territory.

Netanyahu was touring the Golan Heights on Tuesday and said there was a “need to express our appreciation” to the president. He says he will advance “a resolution calling for a new community on the Golan Heights named after President Donald J. Trump.”

Last month Trump officially recognized Israeli sovereignty over the territory it captured from Syria in the 1967 Mideast War.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/23/netanyahu-golan-settlement-trump-1287655

Does the nefariousness of Russia know no bounds?

Marine experts in Norway believe they have stumbled upon a white whale that was trained by the Russian navy as part of a programme to use underwater mammals as a special ops force.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/apr/29/whale-with-harness-could-be-russian-weapon-say-norwegian-experts

Edited by phart

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, thplinth said:

Only got round to reading this today and already there is related new.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48130068