Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 120 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

Gammon.

So we now allow someone (matters not who) to decide that a word in use to describe a meat served with a fried egg my entire life is a racist term ? 

I hadn't realised there was a job out there that "gave" that right.

What utter bollocks. 

On 11/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, phart said:

It's not thplinth's premise, he's quoting the English Journalist Tanya Gold : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_Gold

She was educated at Newland House School, the independent Kingston Grammar School and Merton College, Oxford and has written for British newspapers including The Guardian, the Daily Mail,[2] The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times[3] and the Evening Standard, and also for the news magazine The Spectator. In 2009 she was highly commended in the Feature Writer of the Year category at the British Press Awards.[4] In 2010 she won Feature Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards.

"Calling someone a 'gammon' is hate speech

Tanya Gold explains why calling someone a gammon is like calling a Jew a k**e or calling poor white Americans trailer trash."

Best to read something before critiquing it.

Yes who could it be... it is a baffling mystery... one that will probably never be solved. Hang on, it is on the tip of my tongue.... no gone.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Ironic since the term alt right was barely used 2 years ago, now it’s a term attributed to loads of folk and views 

I'm happy to go with ethnic Nationalists or White Supremacists rather than the cuddly terms 

But i'm sure you fucking knew that 

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm happy to go with ethnic Nationalists or White Supremacists rather than the cuddly terms 

But i'm sure you fucking knew that 

That’s my point, the term alt right now has been attributed to people and views that are conservative or slightly right of centre, rather than white nationalist. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s my point, the term alt right now has been attributed to people and views that are conservative or slightly right of centre, rather than white nationalist. 

Agreed

Apologies

Seems like a stellar visit to France from Trump.   First of all, he bins a trip to a US WW1 military cemetery because it was raining.

Now, apparently he met the leaders of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia and started blaming them for starting the war in Yugoslavia.  Yip, he got the Baltics mixed up with the Balkans.  Still, at least its not as if he's got the future of all humanity in his tiny hands or anything.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Seems like a stellar visit to France from Trump.   First of all, he bins a trip to a US WW1 military cemetery because it was raining.

Now, apparently he met the leaders of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia and started blaming them for starting the war in Yugoslavia.  Yip, he got the Baltics mixed up with the Balkans.  Still, at least its not as if he's got the future of all humanity in his tiny hands or anything.

Only guessing here, maybe he didn't want to get his hair wet, can you imagine the ridiculous mess his hair would be in after a couple hours in the rain.

14 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Only guessing here, maybe he didn't want to get his hair wet, can you imagine the ridiculous mess his hair would be in after a couple hours in the rain.

I suspect that's exactly the reason.  

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

he could just fling it in the tumble drier.... There would be enough static electric to power a small town.. 

3 hours ago, phart said:

Saw that Trump teddy thing a while ago.

I see Putin made sure he got seen in the pissing rain when doing presenting his wreath. No umbrella or anything.

He was also trolled by Justin Trudeau who made a speech in the rain and said something along the lines of "we shouldn't be worried about rain coming out the sky when at Dieppe it was bullets". 

Trump still to visit US troops on active service, you'd have thought that would've been right up his street. 

Even fellow draft dodger Bill Clinton went to Kuwait. 

https://www.stripes.com/blogs/from-the-archives/president-clinton-in-kuwait-1994-1.486404

Edited by aaid

On 11/11/2018 at 4:27 PM, Eisegerwind said:

On 11/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, thplinth said:

This is a good thing if it gets through... crazy system they have right now. (A lot of it done in the past to benefit the private prison industry no doubt.)

From 9.00. To be fair that's a pretty decent head of hair for a blond 70 year old, a proper haircut would work miracles.Any hairdressers on the board?

Edited by Eisegerwind

I'd imagine after his "let them call you racist" faux pas he is very careful these days

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/new-evidence-emerges-of-steve-bannon-and-cambridge-analyticas-role-in-brexit

New Evidence Emerges of Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica’s Role in Brexit